Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

same number of christmas gifts?

so another post got me thinking.do you make sure your kids have the same number of gifts? i have never made her my kids get the same number i have always just got them what they asked for and liked.im not going to buy crap they dont need just to make the gifts even..its never been a problem they are 3 and 5 and i dont think they have ever even noticed.this yr my 5 yr old is only getting a few things because she only asked for 2 things and she is going on a shopping trip to the americn girl store with her daddy and my 2 younger boy will have alot more gifts then her. and it wont be a problem since she will get what she asked for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Replies (21-30):
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:23 PM

i make sure they are close, but exact no not really.

Elayna90
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:23 PM
I do with my oldest two. They are less than a year apart and like mant of the same things. We get them joint big items and then smaller items that are for their seperate intrests. We also spend about the same amount of money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Not exactly, no. I mean I wouldn't get one kid one present and the other like fifteen or anything. If there ended up being a couple more for one or the other though, I wouldn't sweat it.

keisha613
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:26 PM

My son has to get more.  His birthday is Christmas day.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:27 PM

No. I think it sets a bad example.

Until they are old enough to even notice, they only get a handful of toys. Then, they get around the same amount, but we don't try to make it even. I mean, one kid isn't going to get 15 toys and the other 3, but they get what they get and they should be grateful.

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:27 PM

My girls are 10 months a part. They typically get the exact same things.... but they are also into the exact same things..... so that makes it easier...... we typically get one "big" gift for the house, then smaller gifts for them.

luvmyaustin
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:28 PM

no i really can't do that anyways  our oldest is 14 and two youngest are 3 and 4. the 14 year old is of course going to get less he asks for pricier items then the little ones and the little ones don't count.

SB2217
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Usually. We spend about the same on both and I try to have them both have the same amount of presents, but at 3 and 11 months they don't really make sure they each get the exact amount of gifts! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:30 PM
No. I just try to be fair in getting them each something they really wanted. I wouldn't get one a new computer, and the other a pack of socks. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
beerabitch69
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:31 PM

yes same amount

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)