Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

same number of christmas gifts?

so another post got me thinking.do you make sure your kids have the same number of gifts? i have never made her my kids get the same number i have always just got them what they asked for and liked.im not going to buy crap they dont need just to make the gifts even..its never been a problem they are 3 and 5 and i dont think they have ever even noticed.this yr my 5 yr old is only getting a few things because she only asked for 2 things and she is going on a shopping trip to the americn girl store with her daddy and my 2 younger boy will have alot more gifts then her. and it wont be a problem since she will get what she asked for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Yep. Our rule is one gift from each sibling, one gift from the parents and one gift from Santa. It was a big thing for me, growing up. I would sit there with two gifts and my sisters would be around me with stacks and stacks of presents.

SterlingHeart
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:33 PM

I do try to balance so if one kid wants something costly - we try to have it be a combo gift from grandparents - that way under the tree they have about the same - from us

rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:33 PM

When my kids were smaller I'd give them the same number of gifts, but now that they're older it's more about keeping the money more even.  My 13 year old son likes electronics, which are WAY more expensive than the crafts and clothes my 10 year old daughter wants.

ThatsTheWayItIs
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:33 PM
I don't worry about how many packages. I make sure that each get same smlirt of $$$ . My lids are 2,3&5 so they don't seem to ask for much.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Saintsational
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:35 PM

They each get 3 gifts from Santa. The total amount spent may vary from kid to kid but if 3 gifts were good enough for Jesus when he was born it's good enough for mine. Plus they each get 1 from DH & I.

DamdLtlCourtney
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:40 PM
I always have. Up until last year my kids are 13 and 5, my oldest gift prices are getting higher so she will be getting less...they are however getting a joint gift from Santa.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HunternChase
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:44 PM
Yep I make sure the older ones has the same amount.. Garrett being 18 months won't realize if he has less.. He is getting 2 big gifts and a stocking full of things too..
Sarahb21
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:49 PM
At the moment, yes, they get the same amount. They take turn opening gifts and I don't want one during and watching while the others still open. I'm thinking next year may not be the same because my SS will be 10 and is starting to want more expensive things, but he's old enough now to understand cost. But I never end up buying stupid filler gifts. Most presents are pretty equal, like they each got a board game, a video game, a beyblade, books, pajamas, a Lego set. There is only a few gifts that are different but they are similar in cost.
luvmymunchkins3
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:11 PM
why not i mean if one kid is getting a 400$ gift why buy a bunch of other stuff they dont really need or want just to make the numbers even.my dd will have 2 gifts under the tree and my 2 boys will have about 10-15 gifts she wont care because she got what she asked for.plus they get gifts from family

Quoting Anonymous:

Not exactly, no. I mean I wouldn't get one kid one present and the other like fifteen or anything. If there ended up being a couple more for one or the other though, I wouldn't sweat it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
qkforever
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:14 PM

No, but I would love to.  My hubby gives me $200 a child.  This year my son really wants an iphone.  So we are getting him the 4s.  This is $100 by itself.  So he will be getting less than his sister.  They know if their item is expensive then they will get less.  My ds is fine with this, by daughter on the other hand wanted an itouch and I told her it would be all of her money, so she doesn't want it now.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured