Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why do some of you dislike the military? *slight edit

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:05 PM
  • 210 Replies
1 mom liked this

There is another post bout vaccines and the military and some of the moms seemed to really dislike the military. I understand not want to join or not wanting your kids or so to join but some of them seemed to have a very low opinion of people in the military and I am not sure why.

If you can state your opinion in a way that isn't offensive that's fine just remember its your opinion and not fact.

*so a lot of you are saying it is because of the sense of entitlement they (the military and their families) have. Can I just ask what you are basing this on. Is it through personal experience?  Is it from a large pool of military people you have interacting with or is it based on a few people you know?

I ask becaue I know people not in the military that feel that sense of entitlement for whatever reason and I don't think it has to do with their career choice, it is more a personality flaw. I know military that do feel entitled but I know more that don't.

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tinkerspell
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:06 PM
Have no clue im a army wife but also curios as to why
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:10 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't dislike the military,  I do dislike some of their wives because of their snotty entitled attitudes though!

GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:10 PM

I am an Air Force wife and an former Army Brat. 

I think some have had some really bad experiences with military personnel and no help because the bad person is military. I also think some think that all military and their spouses are very self-entitled. I do agree their are some major assholes in the military and some wives I would like to slap for what comes out of their mouths. But I think when all they see on tv is the bad, all you hear about most times is the bad that a military person has done, and/or all you experience is bad people in the military, it is hard to not paint the whole with the same brush as the few. Just my thought.

ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Well heck I dislike those wives too and I am a Air Force wife. I avoid them...

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't dislike the military,  I do dislike some of their wives because of their snotty entitled attitudes though!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:11 PM

They are jealous.

rockin2_manyMOM
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:12 PM
My husband is retired marine corp.....so no idea. were they talking about the vaccines that you get when you go into the military?
ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Maybe...but some people seemed almost hostile.

I am a Air Force wife too :-)

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

I am an Air Force wife and an former Army Brat. 

I think some have had some really bad experiences with military personnel and no help because the bad person is military. I also think some think that all military and their spouses are very self-entitled. I do agree their are some major assholes in the military and some wives I would like to slap for what comes out of their mouths. But I think when all they see on tv is the bad, all you hear about most times is the bad that a military person has done, and/or all you experience is bad people in the military, it is hard to not paint the whole with the same brush as the few. Just my thought.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:12 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't!  :)

That said, it is a tad annoying when they tell others they can't vent bc their problems are worse.  Like for instance....  people who work on turkey day aren't allowed to vent because military families have it worse with their so/dh/etc is deployed.  

Yes, somewhere SOMEONE ALWAYS HAS IT WORSE.  But just because that is true doesn't mean others can't vent nor does it mean their issues are less important.

echoishername
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:12 PM
This. I am anti war, but understand the necessity. I don't always agree with showering veterans with respect either. There are terrible people that use the service to garner undeserved respect.

Quoting Anonymous:

.Nobody.
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:13 PM
4 moms liked this
I love the military and the great life it has given us. I'm very proud :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN