Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why do some of you dislike the military? *slight edit

Posted by   + Show Post

There is another post bout vaccines and the military and some of the moms seemed to really dislike the military. I understand not want to join or not wanting your kids or so to join but some of them seemed to have a very low opinion of people in the military and I am not sure why.

If you can state your opinion in a way that isn't offensive that's fine just remember its your opinion and not fact.

*so a lot of you are saying it is because of the sense of entitlement they (the military and their families) have. Can I just ask what you are basing this on. Is it through personal experience?  Is it from a large pool of military people you have interacting with or is it based on a few people you know?

I ask becaue I know people not in the military that feel that sense of entitlement for whatever reason and I don't think it has to do with their career choice, it is more a personality flaw. I know military that do feel entitled but I know more that don't.

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Replies (11-20):
GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Same here!

Quoting ebbierowe:

Well heck I dislike those wives too and I am a Air Force wife. I avoid them...

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't dislike the military,  I do dislike some of their wives because of their snotty entitled attitudes though!

ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:14 PM
It was a question for moms thar don't vax about how they would feel if their kid joined the military and had to get vaccines and at least two moms said thwie kid was stupid enough to join the military

Quoting rockin2_manyMOM:

My husband is retired marine corp.....so no idea. were they talking about the vaccines that you get when you go into the military?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CoffeeMom24
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:14 PM
I was born and raised military.
Josie_P
by Josie on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:15 PM

I don't dislike the military. I just feel like it isn't all what people hoped it is. I don't live in the United States and the military of my country..for all the work they do, the benefits are horrible. But I guess that can be said about most militaries around the world.

babylove041810
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:15 PM
I dislike all forms of the military. I hate the idea of wars and as long as the world keeps preparing for wars and expecting them we will have them. But I know it's a safety measure. I do however have a lot of respect for the men and women that join. Not any could/would do what some of them do. I just hate that it has to be done :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:15 PM

I have a high opinion of the people who enlist, but as far as the higher-ups my ex has had to deal with -- no respect from me whatsoever.  He was turned away and told to "sleep it off" when he tried to get help and now 4 years later they finally find his TBI and have completely ignored his PTSD issues, not to mention they KNEW his back is broken (he has a hairline fracture that is years old but never calcified) due to an explosion in Iraq and they did nothing.. nothing at all until he found a decent VA advocate.

Did not get a fucking dime until 3 years after he was discharged medically on a JOKE of 20% disabled.

GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Yeah they do. But I know a few who have a deep hatred for the military due to being raped or abused by a military person and it unfortunately and WRONGLY getting swept under the rug. Do they have the right to their anger and hatred HELL YES, but I think sometimes it is hard to remember it wasn't the whole military who did that to them, it was just a bad group (who should have their nuts removed). Others, I have no clue why their hatred is so deep, but I just remind myself they have the right to their dislike and opinion.

Quoting ebbierowe:

Maybe...but some people seemed almost hostile.

I am a Air Force wife too :-)

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

I am an Air Force wife and an former Army Brat. 

I think some have had some really bad experiences with military personnel and no help because the bad person is military. I also think some think that all military and their spouses are very self-entitled. I do agree their are some major assholes in the military and some wives I would like to slap for what comes out of their mouths. But I think when all they see on tv is the bad, all you hear about most times is the bad that a military person has done, and/or all you experience is bad people in the military, it is hard to not paint the whole with the same brush as the few. Just my thought.

Hierophant85
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:17 PM
I have nothing but respect for those in the military and their families who have to go long periods of time without seeing them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I think *most* of the military is for those who can not do anything else.  It doesn't take someone intelligent to follow orders.  I don't support the *current* military because they are at war for nothing.  We are no longer fighting for our freedom, we are and will continue to be free, not because of the current military. 

I know a lot of people who wanted to join the military just to kill people.  That is horrible.  I don't think that military personal of their families should have any special privileges.  They do not do anything special.  

I know some people in the military who are absolutely brilliant and incredible people.  We are to others what they are to us.  Meaning, we think there are terrorist ruining America.  Well we are the terrorist in other countries ruining and killing people over there.  We have killed enough innocent people on their land.  It's time to stop.

armstrong7984
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:19 PM

i live next to a air force base, i gotta say their all douches. i havent met one that hasnt been someone that i could stand and thats before i even realized their air force lol.

Quoting ebbierowe:

Well heck I dislike those wives too and I am a Air Force wife. I avoid them...

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't dislike the military,  I do dislike some of their wives because of their snotty entitled attitudes though!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured