Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Happy Birthday Baby Jesus! (Keeping CHRIST in CHRISTmas)

Posted by   + Show Post

The post about taking the Christ out of Christmas made me think. In our house, it's a tradition to make baby Jesus a birthday cake to celebrate with. Yes, I know historically HIS birth is closer to Easter and all. It's just out way of helping HIM celebrate.

Do you know anyone else who does birthday cakes for Jesus?

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Replies (141-147):
wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:49 PM

I wasn't the anon...I never go anon...I just thought it was funny that you asked if she did those things...I was like "Oh wait, I do those thing...except for the animal thing"

I figure (or at least hope) that most people know that we don't sacrafice animals....

Quoting Schmoopi:

I was only reducing it to the ridiculous because you did. I was kidding about the critters.

I am all for the drum circle and dancing naked. Commune, be one, whatever makes you happy.

I'm fully aware that Christian holidays all stem from Pagan rituals. Thank you pagans. I said something about it in replies along the way - no biggie.

Quoting wrensong:

I am a Pagan and YES I DO celebrate by dancing barefoot around a fire...NO I am not naked (too cold for that) but I HAVE danced  naked around my fire in the full moon on a summer night (I live at the dead end of a dirt road)

Yes I sing and chant and drum around the fire as well...but Pagan have a deep respect for nature, including and especially animals and we do NOT sacrafice them at all

Quoting Schmoopi:

Quoting Anonymous:

All I can say is ROFL!!!

CHRISTMAS IS A PAGAN HOLIDAY!!

So do you celebrate by dancing barefoot and naked around a fire? Singing chants and sacrificing woodland animals?

Life in a Pagan Family (my blog)
http://lifeinapaganfamily.blog.com/
daughteroftruth
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:50 PM
I know more about christianity then most christians i know. Christianity is born of the jewish faith, the onl reason you no longer have to sacrifice animals to atone for your sins is because you beleive jesus was the perfect sacrifice that covered all sin. Your god prior to that sacrifice demanded animal sacrifice.

Anywho..no no cake for me...just found out i put on four lbs in two weeks =(

Quoting Schmoopi:

Clearly you know little about Christianity. I don't sacrifice animals silly girl. And I was only teasing her about the critters. Lighten up. Want some cake?

Quoting daughteroftruth:

You have very little knowlege about the pagan religions.

(Oh and sacrificing woodland animals would be wrong, but animal sacrifices to your god was okay?)

Quoting Schmoopi:

Quoting Anonymous:

All I can say is ROFL!!!

CHRISTMAS IS A PAGAN HOLIDAY!!

So do you celebrate by dancing barefoot and naked around a fire? Singing chants and sacrificing woodland animals?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schmoopi
by QueenOfAllThings on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Have you ever read the story surrounding the birth of Jesus? It's quite terrifying really.
quote name="daughteroftruth" id="0"][/quote]
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:14 PM
Sure you do, Schmoopi! Surprised you'd even present yourself in this group!
emeraldangel2.0
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this

hey, not going to knock it. whatever floats your boat

Schmoopi
by QueenOfAllThings on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:32 PM
I do. And I don't hide behind Anon. Like anywhere else, I speak my mind.
Quoting Anonymous:

Sure you do, Schmoopi! Surprised you'd even present yourself in this group!

lenoxclan
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids are lucky if I remember to bake them a cake on their Birthday...Jesus is S.O.L

And no, I'm not anti-religious..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN