Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To STAHMs from a working mom.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 90 Replies
9 moms liked this
I've always wanted to be a STAHM, be there for every little bubu and every firsts.
Unfortunately we can't afford for me to stay home unless we were to get PA.

I used to work less though and stay home 3-4 days, now I have 2 days off.
When I'm off, my kids drive me insane by the time day 2 is over!!!
We have a blast but good god do they give me a headache!
I don't know how you SAHM do it but I secretly admire you for everything you put up with.
If I were to stay home with my kids I know the first week or so would be hell for all of us.

So, kudos to you STAHMs.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Iron_Beauty
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:57 PM
4 moms liked this

Awe. Thank you! :)

I kind of wish I could get a job though... sitting home all the damn time gets INSANELY boring. Why else would I be on CM so often? LOL

UgtaBkdnMe
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:57 PM
3 moms liked this

I don;t know how working moms do it, so I guess we are even. :)

smurfbitebug
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks. I felt that way the other day as I was sick as a dog and DH was bickering at me while DD was smacking me in the head with a toy car repeatedly. I was just sitting there taking it all like, "uggghnrrrrgrrr...." lol So there are times I hate it as well. But mostly it is OK. The way I see it is it's a job just like any other...for me anyways. Except I love my little employees. Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:00 PM
We can always trade for a little while, LOL.
I feel like I really miss out sometimes.

Quoting Iron_Beauty:

I kind of wish I could get a job though... sitting home all the damn time gets INSANELY boring. Why else would I be on CM so often? LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:01 PM
Ok. :)

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

I don;t know how working moms do it, so I guess we are even. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:01 PM
Lol, consider yourself the boss.

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Thanks. I felt that way the other day as I was sick as a dog and DH was bickering at me while DD was smacking me in the head with a toy car repeatedly. I was just sitting there taking it all like, "uggghnrrrrgrrr...." lol So there are times I hate it as well. But mostly it is OK. The way I see it is it's a job just like any other...for me anyways. Except I love my little employees. Lol!
smurfbitebug
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:04 PM
2 moms liked this
I do ;)

And DH doesn't work here, he is just a customer. Lol

I tell him customer complaints are handled by customer service and sit DD in front of him and walk away when he wants to bitch about the house. Ha

To be fair though, he has settled down a lot in that area over the couple years I've been doing this.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol, consider yourself the boss.

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Iron_Beauty
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:04 PM

I worked for about a week right after DS was born, but I couldn't handle it emotionally. I'm not sure how I would do with it now..... honestly haven't really tried looking for a job because right now I have nobody to watch him if I did get one, and I refuse to pay someone more than $10 an hour to watch him while I work. the centers around here are nearly $20 an hour! Its riddiculous. I dont know how they even stay in business with the economy the way it is.

Quoting Anonymous:

We can always trade for a little while, LOL.
I feel like I really miss out sometimes.

Quoting Iron_Beauty:

StoneColdKiller
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:04 PM

lol i can understand, I think some of us SAHM are a little weird lol.

I thought I would get a break when my son started K and would be gone for 6.5 hours, I thought wow maybe just maybe I can get my house cleaned a.nd in order. NO, I spend everyday all day at his school with him. My house looks worse cause I feel like I am at a job and the last thing I want to do is come home and clean. Now that he is in school I find myself more tired then every before lol.

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:06 PM
2 moms liked this

Thanks.

Some doys I wish I had the excuse of a job just to get away...most of the time tho I am happy where I am

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN