Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How long did it take your baby to go from crawling to walking?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
Just curious as my baby started crawling at 5 months and 3 days, he's 8 months now and still no walking. Hes been walking a long furniture since 5 and a half months. I'm glad he's not walking but damn I thought he would be doing it by now!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I had a normal baby not a hybrid :-) My baby got on hands and knees and rocked at 7 months exactly, crawled at 8 months exactly. Didn't walk til about 14 months. We were happy with all of that.

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:26 PM
DD crawled at 7 months and walked on her 10 month birthday, so 2.5 months.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:30 PM
DS crawled @ 5 1/2 months. He'll be 1 in two weeks & takes a few steps here & there. But I'm in no rush for him to full blown walk lol I'm enjoying every second he's crawling.
Enjoy it while you can.
jessistarr85
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:31 PM

About 3 weeks. We had all tile floor and he didn't like how it felt to crawl on it so he started holding on to the walls and furniture to get around the living room. He stopped doing that after about a month and he just started walking on his own.  At his 9 month apt the dr asked what he could do we said he could walk. She argued up and down that he was not walking, that he was only taking steps if we were holding his hands, or using walls to support himself. We put him on the floor and he walked all around the room. She looked up at us her eyes were huge, she practically screamed "Hes walking!" DH and I just said we know that is what we were trying to tell you

PEEK05
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:31 PM

My daughter army crawled at 7 months, hands and knees crawled at 9 months. First independent steps at 11 months, full on walking (no more crawling at all) at 14 months.

My son NEVER crawled.  He only scooted on his butt at 13 months.  He took independent steps at 13 months and full on walked (again, no more other modes of mobility) also at 14 months.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:32 PM
Lol! I do not wish a 5 month crawling baby on anyone! I'm glad the space in between is normal so far! I just thought it was faster in between for some reason.

Quoting Anonymous:

I had a normal baby not a hybrid :-) My baby got on hands and knees and rocked at 7 months exactly, crawled at 8 months exactly. Didn't walk til about 14 months. We were happy with all of that.

firespurity
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:32 PM

5 days for youngest son.
several months for my eldest daughter.

lilpsmommie2011
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:33 PM
Dd started crawling around 6/7 months. She started walking about 2 weeks ago and she will be 1 on thursday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:34 PM
Okay glad its normal! I don't want him to be walking lol he already gets into everything!

Quoting Anonymous:

DS crawled @ 5 1/2 months. He'll be 1 in two weeks & takes a few steps here & there. But I'm in no rush for him to full blown walk lol I'm enjoying every second he's crawling.

Enjoy it while you can.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)