Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 2 year old watches Family Guy...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

I don't INTEND for him to actively watch it... But when I watch it he is in the room...

He loves the theme song, and says the shows name... He laughs at the show too, even though he probably doesn't understand whats going on, a character on screen will fall or laugh and he will laugh at it.

I have had a family guy ringtone on my phone since he was born and I used to play it for him to soothe him, so I guess thats where his fascination came from.

I'm a TOTAL prude when it comes to my parenting, and I don't even let him watch spongebob...

But Family Guy seems so adult that the sensitive material will just fly right over him... Or am I wrong? I know I have to stop letting him watch once he starts understanding more of the world and language...

Is it REALLY that bad that he watches it at this age?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beerebelly
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:47 PM

So does mine.

GirlWSemiAuto
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:47 PM
It's probably ok right now but I'd cut it off pretty soon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:49 PM

I wouldn't let my kids watch it but I don't watch either.

I don't think it makes one a horrible parent or anything. 

My son watches Hell's Kitchen & then will run around yelling "you Mucca!" (which means cow in Italian) after watching it lol. It's funny what they pick up and makes me be a bi more leery sometimes hehe

ninjakids
by Christina on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:49 PM
Mine is three and hell watch the simpsons , family guy and American dad with me...he doesnt understand it but kills himself laughing lol.
jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:50 PM
My girls watch it if i am too..
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:51 PM
He's in the room while you watch PR you watch while he's in the room....sure shows your priority.
RLT2
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Too many sexual innuendos in FG for me. Even though my kid wouldn't get it necessarily, I'd be uncomfortable watching it in front of them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Wait until he repeats " butt sex" or something along those lines. Mine did. No more family guy at my house. 

Meghan6391
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:54 PM

my son watches it.. he is 3 he also loves invader zim.. him and his daddy watch them together.. i did walk in on him watching happy tree friends and i saw red... that is too far imo. 

Kmary
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:56 PM

There is no way whatsoever he understands a single one of the jokes on Family Guy.  That being said, you'll probably have to stop watching it with him around in a few years.  But I'm sure you know that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured