Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Yeah. It's another SM post.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

Before you read anything else... please answer this question!

HOW CAN I BLOCK PEOPLE FROM "SHARING" MY POSTS ON FACEBOOK?

Why?

I am Custodial SM. DH has had full custody since SS was very little (right before we got married). He will be in Junior High next year! I can't believe how fast my kids have grown =(

Anyway, BM has had little to do with him, and the last 3 of the 8 years that she has been MIA have been spent in prison. She pretends she wants to reconnect... but does nothing. She is my friend on FB (she friended me) for the sole purpose of us trying to figure out where she works so we can finally collect CS.

I just posted school pics of the kids on FB... and she shared the photo of SS on her page. I didn't realize that anything I posted could be shared like that. Call me naive, but I didn't even think SHE would share it because her friends even know what a dead beat she is.

Generally this wouldn't bother me, but I know the kind of people she hangs out with. Hell, their influence is what landed her in prison in the first place. In fact, many of her friends are prison mates... and now I feel like I should ask her to remove it. I'd be happy to send her a wallet in the mail if she would ask, but she hasn't even asked.

WWYD?????

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:00 PM

bump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:02 PM
3 moms liked this

You can go to your settings and make it so that only your friends can see your photos. She won't be able to share your photos if you do that. A better option, when you make a post, in the bottom right corner, you can choose to exclude certain friends from seeing the post at all. Make it so that she can't see the pictures you post.

ThatsTheWayItIs
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:45 PM
U can block her from seeing anything of yours but still be friends. I'm drawing a black on how to do that though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

You can go to your settings and make it so that only your friends can see your photos. She won't be able to share your photos if you do that. A better option, when you make a post, in the bottom right corner, you can choose to exclude certain friends from seeing the post at all. Make it so that she can't see the pictures you post.

Thank you. I'm not trying to keep him from her. His safety and well being is my first priority. I know my FB friends and am selective with regard to who I add. I added her so we could try and collect CS, but also so that SS can have some sort of connection. At least I can tell him what she's been up to when he asks.

BEXi
by BEXi on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Breamarkable
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Either add her to your acquaintances or restricted list, acquaintances don't have the broad spectrum to view your info, especially if your settings are to friends only.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:43 PM

If you sent her a wallet and she scanned it and put it on FB, what would be the difference?

honeyrder
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:43 PM

I know what kind of low-life sociopath my husband is but I still post pictures of our kids publicly so he can get them (usually shared by a mutual friend). I am just being the better person. That's all that matters.

MissMia22
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:44 PM

go to her page, hover over the friends button it will pop up a menu, then click more lists and select restricted.  then you are still friends with her but she cant see anything unless you have it set to public.

(I have family members that are toxic that I do this with)

hello_kitty25
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Yes but then she will have to UNFRIEND her. Which is what you should do anyways OP. You cant really tell a woman who birthed this boy to take his pictures down. BUT. you can delete her and tell her why you think its not appropriate she is sharing them with people.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)