Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Take him to school sick?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Here's the run down. Kiddo went to the doctor this morning and has an ear infection and was given amoxicillin.

This evening he was running a fever of 101.9

I have my well woman exam tomorrow and I can't reschedule, first of all it's too late and I'd have to pay a 50 dollar fee but it also took me months to get an appointment.

So take him to school tomorrow or take him with me? There is no alternative childcare and he's 3
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Replies (111-116):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:45 PM
Just give him some Tylenol and send him to school. This is not rocket science people! It's an ear infection, not a potential outbreak of the plague!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm watching him. I've been watching him since she left last Monday.

It's not inappropriate to take him to a doctors appointment I can't miss. I originally scheduled this for when he's in preschool so that I didn't have to take him with me.

I have every right to be on this site.

Quoting LAXmom21:

If shes away who watches him at night?

NO dont take him to school you are being PAID to take care of him NOT go to the doctor? Inappropriate to take kid to doctor and irresponsible to send him to school.

If you're not a parent why are you on this site?

Quoting Anonymous:

His mother is in Canada on a business trip and has been for over a week. She knows he's sick and she knows I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and she told me to do whatever I felt was right.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well that makes you look even more ridiculous. It is not your charges teachers responsibility to take care of a the sick kid because you want to get pregnant! Call in sick and make his parents take care of him. Do they know about this? Like someone else said, you really are a piece of work. How are you going to take care of your own kid, when you cannot even figure this out? So, rather than welcome to parenthood, I should have said welcome to adulthood. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok since you can't comprehend shit ill explain it is simpler terms.

The kid is NOT MINE. I am NANNY. So yes you look foolish welcoming me to parenthood when I'm not a parent yet. This doctors appointment is very important because along with my well woman exam I should get some answers back as to why we have had so many miscarriages. I don't have children of my own right now.

Quoting Anonymous:

You look foolish, considering taking your child to school while he is still sick. 

And, like you, I can say what I want. 

Quoting Anonymous:

stop saying shit like welcome to parenthood because you just loo foolish.

Quoting Anonymous:

It does not matter what caused it! 24 hours, fever free, regardless of what caused it, or what your MD says. 

Your child is EXCLUDABLE from school, and you want to take him anyway because you dont have a plan b for yourself. Like I said, welcome to parenting. Take him with you, or suck it up. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Welcome to parenting. You had the kids, so sad you have to take care of it when it's sick.

----

Umm you're way off.

His was caused by allergies, his doctor and I had a discussion about that. I'm so glad you know so much more than his doctor does about what's wrong with him.

Quoting Anonymous:

I get ear infections all the time, and often they are caused by an underlying virus. Kids should not be at school, potentially exposing a great number of people, including the teacher. They need to stay home, rest and recover. 

Welcome to parenting. You had the kids, so sad you have to take care of it when it's sick. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, but you're discussing a child with a NON communicable illness. He isn't going to make anyone else sick. I'm not advocating sending him while CURRENTLY running a fever but if it comes down over night, it would be fine for him to go to school.

Quoting diana1481:

Kids have to be fever free, for 24 hours, before returning to school.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:47 PM
No, he will be just fine at school after a dose of Tylenol. It's just an ear infection. He's not sick!

Quoting Allisonc7910:

Take him with you

LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:10 AM
The point is not that he's contagious. If he's uncomfortable, which ear infections are, AND he has a fever why send him to school? He's only 3 and the ear infection could still be painful tomorrow. Plus he could still have a fever and then the school will call and she'll have to pick him up anyway. I'm just saying this from experience, my son was miserable for at least a day usually 2 days when he had ear infections.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just give him some Tylenol and send him to school. This is not rocket science people! It's an ear infection, not a potential outbreak of the plague!

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not inappropriate to take him to a doctors appointment I can't miss. I originally scheduled this for when he's in preschool so that I didn't have to take him with me.

Quoting LAXmom21:

NO dont take him to school you are being PAID to take care of him NOT go to the doctor? Inappropriate to take kid to doctor and irresponsible to send him to school.

Quoting Anonymous:

His mother is in Canada on a business trip and has been for over a week. She knows he's sick and she knows I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and she told me to do whatever I felt was right.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well that makes you look even more ridiculous. It is not your charges teachers responsibility to take care of a the sick kid because you want to get pregnant! Call in sick and make his parents take care of him. Do they know about this? Like someone else said, you really are a piece of work. How are you going to take care of your own kid, when you cannot even figure this out? So, rather than welcome to parenthood, I should have said welcome to adulthood. 

Quoting Anonymous:

The kid is NOT MINE. I am NANNY. So yes you look foolish welcoming me to parenthood when I'm not a parent yet. This doctors appointment is very important because along with my well woman exam I should get some answers back as to why we have had so many miscarriages. I don't have children of my own right now.

Quoting Anonymous:

You look foolish, considering taking your child to school while he is still sick. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

It does not matter what caused it! 24 hours, fever free, regardless of what caused it, or what your MD says. 

Your child is EXCLUDABLE from school, and you want to take him anyway because you dont have a plan b for yourself. Like I said, welcome to parenting. Take him with you, or suck it up. 

Quoting Anonymous:

----

Umm you're way off.

His was caused by allergies, his doctor and I had a discussion about that. I'm so glad you know so much more than his doctor does about what's wrong with him.

Quoting Anonymous:

I get ear infections all the time, and often they are caused by an underlying virus. Kids should not be at school, potentially exposing a great number of people, including the teacher. They need to stay home, rest and recover. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, but you're discussing a child with a NON communicable illness. He isn't going to make anyone else sick. I'm not advocating sending him while CURRENTLY running a fever but if it comes down over night, it would be fine for him to go to school.

Quoting diana1481:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:18 AM
Ok, #1 the OP has already stated that he is not miserable, he is running around acting just fine. #2 if she gives him a dose of Tylenol or Motrin then he should not be in pain and will have no fever. Therefore, the school will have no need to call her. My son has had more ear infections than I can count, and I know exactly how they are. He will be just fine at school. There is no reason at all to keep him home or take him with her.

Quoting LAXmom21:

The point is not that he's contagious. If he's uncomfortable, which ear infections are, AND he has a fever why send him to school? He's only 3 and the ear infection could still be painful tomorrow. Plus he could still have a fever and then the school will call and she'll have to pick him up anyway. I'm just saying this from experience, my son was miserable for at least a day usually 2 days when he had ear infections.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LAXmom21:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

----

Umm you're way off.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting diana1481:

LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:02 AM
I personally didn't send my son to school the day after he had an ear infection. He had good moments and bad and I didn't want him to be at school feeling bad. He was on antibiotics for at least 3 doses before I would send him to school. But that was me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok, #1 the OP has already stated that he is not miserable, he is running around acting just fine. #2 if she gives him a dose of Tylenol or Motrin then he should not be in pain and will have no fever. Therefore, the school will have no need to call her. My son has had more ear infections than I can count, and I know exactly how they are. He will be just fine at school. There is no reason at all to keep him home or take him with her.

Quoting LAXmom21:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LAXmom21:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

----

Umm you're way off.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting diana1481:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:16 AM
He hasn't had a fever since 5 last night and he's eating and playing normally so I'm going to go ahead and send him to school. He only goes till 230 and ill pick him up early, just as soon as I can get back to the school from the doctors.

I will also tell them he went to the doctor yesterday for an ear infection.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN