Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Take him to school sick?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Here's the run down. Kiddo went to the doctor this morning and has an ear infection and was given amoxicillin.

This evening he was running a fever of 101.9

I have my well woman exam tomorrow and I can't reschedule, first of all it's too late and I'd have to pay a 50 dollar fee but it also took me months to get an appointment.

So take him to school tomorrow or take him with me? There is no alternative childcare and he's 3
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Ok, ill just bring him with me

Quoting Makenseysmom:

As a daycare center director, minium standards state a child must be fever free without the use of fever reducing meds for at least 24 hours.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:40 PM
The fever will probably be gone by morning. I say send him.

Quoting Anonymous:

He's acting perfectly normal, I didn't even realize he had a temp until I kissed his forehead.

Quoting Anonymous:

101.9 isn't that high of a temp. It also depends on how he is acting/feeling. If he's normal I'd give him some Motrin for pain and send him to school.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Nothing is WONG with me and no he doesn't feel like shit. He's acting just fine, but I'm so glad you know more about him than I do. After all it's not like Im the one that took him to the doctor today and had a discussion about his ear infection with the doctor.

Quoting Anonymous:

No its not okay, poor kid probably feels like shit. What is Wong with you?

Quoting Anonymous:

the fever is from the ear infection and he's on antibiotics, still not ok? At this point he's not contagious the fever is from the ear infection.

Quoting Peaceful.chaos:

You shouldn't take him to school with a fever.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:41 PM
I can not miss this appointment.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why is it acceptable to bring him with you but jot take him to school? I can't help but lmao at the judging bitches who sound no better advising a mother to take the child out the house at all when running a fever.

I would just miss the appointment! No amount of money in the world is worth risking my child's health.
diana1481
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:41 PM
Kids have to be fever free, for 24 hours, before returning to school.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I will see how he acts when he wakes up, but ill count on bringing him with me and plan accordingly.

Quoting Anonymous:

The fever will probably be gone by morning. I say send him.

Quoting Anonymous:

He's acting perfectly normal, I didn't even realize he had a temp until I kissed his forehead.

Quoting Anonymous:

101.9 isn't that high of a temp. It also depends on how he is acting/feeling. If he's normal I'd give him some Motrin for pain and send him to school.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:42 PM
If its just an ear infection and you can get the fever down, he can go. He is not contagious. If he has ANY other symptoms, take him with you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Take him with you. The school will only end up calling you anyway to come get him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Nothing teachers love more than parent bringing sick kids, and exposing everyone. Why would you even consider taking him to school. Not to mention, at least in my state, he would have to be excluded intil below 100 degrees for 24 hours. 

Kris_PBG
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Take him with you.

He should be fever free for 24 hours prior to returning to school.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN