Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

starter tablet

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
Would a cheaper tablet be okay as a starter tablet for a 7 & 9yr old. i found a few within my price range but im not sure itz worth it. they are both less than $100. eventually i want to get the kids a kindle or nook or even an ipad but thought these would be good testers. what do you think
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Northcuttswifey
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Depends on the tablet. They are some great ones out there under 100$ but there is also a lot of crappy ones out there under 100$. Just research the tablet your thinking of buying and look at the warrantys that come with it. Pay close attention to that. Some warrantys suck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:47 PM

What are they? 

DolphinFan85
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this

children do not need them

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:48 PM
I was looking into getting them from sears and they have a decent return policy. i need to decide tonight because after tomorrow morning the prices will go back up

Quoting Northcuttswifey:

Depends on the tablet. They are some great ones out there under 100$ but there is also a lot of crappy ones out there under 100$. Just research the tablet your thinking of buying and look at the warrantys that come with it. Pay close attention to that. Some warrantys suck.

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:48 PM
What tablets are they?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:50 PM
The return policy and a warranty are two different things. A return policy last what a 90 day period. What happens if the kids drop it in a six months or the charging port stops working? You want a good warranty that cover those things.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was looking into getting them from sears and they have a decent return policy. i need to decide tonight because after tomorrow morning the prices will go back up

Quoting Northcuttswifey:

CBMMOM
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:50 PM

I bought my daughter a Nabi2 for Christmas. I don't know how great it is yet,but obviously I'm hoping for the best. I got it at Walmart for $129 on Black Friday. I had planned to get her one along the lines of what you are looking for,but then I discovered this deal. So I wish us both luck with the tablets we choose or chose. : )

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Give me a minute to write down which they are. since im mobile im going back and forth

Quoting Lunarprancer:

What are they? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Okay i see what you mean. if i post links can you help me. i have never ordered online. i always buy in store

Quoting Anonymous:

The return policy and a warranty are two different things. A return policy last what a 90 day period. What happens if the kids drop it in a six months or the charging port stops working? You want a good warranty that cover those things.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Northcuttswifey:

AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Nabi 2

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN