Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

watch your damn kid.eta

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
Seriously people common sense. Don't leave your child unattended. It takes a split second for something to happen. I've been told I'm over protective or paranoid, but hell I'd rather be that then my child getting severely hurt, or worse, because I wasn't watching them at all times. WATCH YOUR KIDS! That Is all

Eta: you can all be smartass about it but you know damn well I don't mean teenagers or older kids, when they are old enough to know right from wrong and boundaries that's a lil different
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessistarr85
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Good advise. 

What happened in order for you to make this post? Not trying to bash just wondering. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Well I watch mine. Why don't you let others parent the way they want too?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Windows, stairs, a dryer, and counters all in 24 hours. Yes, people need to keep a close eye on their kids. It doesn't if you think you are close enough- toddlers can get anywhere in the blink of an eye.

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I do. I currently have my 17 year old shackled to me so I always know where he is and that he is safe. He had a hard night at work tonight! I'm glad we're finally home!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
white_wolf454
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:03 PM

what happened

Northcuttswifey
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:04 PM
I agree. I went to a thanksgiving pot luck (we are army and didn't go home) and there was 10 other kids ranging in ages 1-8 years old. They were letting the young kids run all around outside near a busy street and I was the only one out there watching them. Before you say I didn't have to be out there I kinda did because my three boys wanted to play to but there was no way I was going to let me two year old outside without an adult out there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Love060708kids
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:04 PM

My four year old ran off today, thankfully, she went to the bathroom in her school; unfortunately she didn't tell me where she was going.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Reading the post about the two year old falling off a counter cuz the mom was outside, a friend posting she had to take her dd to the er because she got in the fruit and drank a open beer while she was on phone. Constantly seeing things like that. Usually in quiet on others parenting but this just drives me insane.

Quoting jessistarr85:

Good advise. 

What happened in order for you to make this post? Not trying to bash just wondering. 

tennisgal
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:06 PM

yes b/c kids never get hurt while being supervised. being paranoid doesn't automatically mean nothing will ever happen to your child. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Amen!! Much rather be paranoid or over protective then have something halpen to ds. And in turn he's also become a very well behaved, aware little boy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN