Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

watch your damn kid.eta

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Seriously people common sense. Don't leave your child unattended. It takes a split second for something to happen. I've been told I'm over protective or paranoid, but hell I'd rather be that then my child getting severely hurt, or worse, because I wasn't watching them at all times. WATCH YOUR KIDS! That Is all

Eta: you can all be smartass about it but you know damn well I don't mean teenagers or older kids, when they are old enough to know right from wrong and boundaries that's a lil different
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Replies (11-20):
tennisgal
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:07 PM

well i think those are abnormal cases of dumbass parenting. lol. yes, you're absolutely right in your OP "COMMON SENSE" 

Quoting Anonymous:

Reading the post about the two year old falling off a counter cuz the mom was outside, a friend posting she had to take her dd to the er because she got in the fruit and drank a open beer while she was on phone. Constantly seeing things like that. Usually in quiet on others parenting but this just drives me insane.

Quoting jessistarr85:

Good advise. 

What happened in order for you to make this post? Not trying to bash just wondering. 

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:09 PM
Meh I'm not going to helicopter my kids. They're fine unattended for a few minutes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:10 PM
No but its less likely.

Quoting tennisgal:

yes b/c kids never get hurt while being supervised. being paranoid doesn't automatically mean nothing will ever happen to your child. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Agreed, wtf to both of those posts.

Quoting Anonymous:

Reading the post about the two year old falling off a counter cuz the mom was outside, a friend posting she had to take her dd to the er because she got in the fruit and drank a open beer while she was on phone. Constantly seeing things like that. Usually in quiet on others parenting but this just drives me insane.

Quoting jessistarr85:

Good advise. 

What happened in order for you to make this post? Not trying to bash just wondering. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Theres a difference between helicopter parenting and just being responsible and watching them.

Quoting hautemama83:

Meh I'm not going to helicopter my kids. They're fine unattended for a few minutes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:13 PM
Save your breath, a lot of these women are very familiar with cps, poison control, and the er.
tennisgal
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:14 PM

well i saw your post references after i had already posted. 

in those cases, i will certainly agree with you. 

Quoting Anonymous:

No but its less likely.

Quoting tennisgal:

yes b/c kids never get hurt while being supervised. being paranoid doesn't automatically mean nothing will ever happen to your child. 

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:16 PM
Not by the way you make it sound.

Shit with kids just happens. Doesn't matter if you're shoved up their asses 24/7 or not. My 4 yo DS fell off our horse yesterday, right in front of us too. Would not have made a single bit of difference if we were right there or not. I simply don't have the patients to hover continually over my kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

Theres a difference between helicopter parenting and just being responsible and watching them.

Quoting hautemama83:

Kitschy
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Anything can happen even while you watch your kids. I give mine age appropriate freedom.

GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:17 PM
Oh shit! My son is 11 months old and playing in his room by himself as I type and he has been since 9 months when he could walk room to room. My kiddo has more injuries with me watching him then when he's by himself. So maybe the logical conclusion would for me to never watch him!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)