Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I was in tears...That was pretty low. update.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 131 Replies
So me and so just got into an argument..It started off as I'm in need of new make-up baaad... All I said is I think my head Is hurting bc I needed new stuff my eyes felt like how old make up feels I just know..lol..Anyway he had the chOofucking nerve to say I need to get a better job to afford my once a year make up shopping I spend no more than 50 bucks on my shit.. Like really how and why did he have to say that, I work and do my best. I shouldn't have to feel so insecure,if he really loved me wouldn't you think he'd say something like its ok babe I'll get you new stuff ..buuuut no he has to go and make it something I would've never wanted to hear.. Fuck him im sick of him. Me being able NOT to afford my own shit was not the problem at all that was not my intent for.him to offer shit.. I just simply said I need to buy myself some new stuff that's it..So idk what to think.. Ugh im just upset..sorry for errors im mobile..

Update... Thank you all for the concerns and laughs, I know it seems ridiculous that we argued over stupid make up but my whole point was that he hurt my feelings. I work and take care of my kids the best I can and I get tht lame ass comment in return..he's an ass but he did apologize and yadda, blah, blah... I had to get over it and just get ready for my ds bday tomorrow=*] again, thanks ladies for actually taking the time to read and comment..
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KeimUNCmomof3
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:14 AM

sorry mama :(

RLT2
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:15 AM
4 moms liked this

Sounds like he's picking a fight on purpose.

nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:15 AM
That's rude. Even if you are a sahm and didn't work as long as you aren't excessive he shouldn't have a problem making you feel good about yourself.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this
This is a pathetic topic to argue about.
areyouatroll
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Aw you should replace your makeup after 90 days...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-42-
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:16 AM
4 moms liked this

You can get a headache from old make-up?

jbirchard
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd be tossing out his shit and politely explain to him, I'll be more than happy to buy my own make up to look good for a guy that actually appreciates me and maybe I'd point out that I'll make sure to find a guy who is more gentlemanly: not in the sense that he'll offer to buy me stuff, but that he won't make such Dickheaded comments.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:16 AM
12 moms liked this

I would put my old makeup in a pillowcase and beat his ass. 

Quoting RLT2:

Sounds like he's picking a fight on purpose.

Dimples04
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I work in a Domestic Violence shelter and if you or someone you know is being abused you need to get help.  ALSO REMEMBER THAT YOUR COMPUTER CAN TELL YOUR ABUSER YOUR PLANS, PLEASE BE CAREFUL AND DELETE ALL INFORMATION THAT YOU LOOK UP IN REFERENCE TO LEAVING OR GETTING HELP.  Violence doesn't know any discrimination.  If you or someone you know needs help PLEASE call the National domestic violence hotline 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or 1-800-787-3224 (TTY) whoever answers the line can direct you to a local shelter or answer any questions you may have.  Any Shelter is there to help women and child (and some also help male victims) get the counseling and any other help that they need to get through the difficult time.  Abuse can be Emotional abuse (name calling, putting someone down, or controlling who/what they see or do), Physical Abuse (hitting, kicking, biting, anything that causes physical pain), Sexual abuse (can also be from a spouse or otherwise intimate partner when it is a unwanted occurance.)  Leaving your partner is the most dangerous time, wait until he/she is gone and then pack whatever you will need and just leave.   Good Luck and Don't forget that help is never more than a phone call away 24 / 7 / 365.

* To delete your history:  go to control panel, internet options, delete cookies, delete files, delete history.  EVERYTIME!!  
What is Domestic Violence?
Domestic violence can be defined as a pattern of behavior in any relationship that is used to gain or maintain power and control over an intimate partner. Abuse is physical, sexual, emotional, economic or psychological actions or threats of actions that influence another person.
You may be in an emotionally abusive relationship if your partner:

·Calls you names, insults you or continually criticizes you.
·Does not trust you and acts jealous or possessive.
·Tries to isolate you from family or friends.
·Monitors where you go, who you call and who you spend time with.
·Does not want you to work.
·Controls finances or refuses to share money.
·Punishes you by withholding affection.
·Expects you to ask permission.
·Threatens to hurt you, the children, your family or your pets.
·Humiliates you in any way.

You may be in a physically abusive relationship if your partner has ever:
·Damaged property when angry (thrown objects, punched walls, kicked doors, etc.).
·Pushed, slapped, bitten, kicked or Strangled you.
·Abandoned you in a dangerous or unfamiliar place.
·Scared you by driving recklessly.
·Used a weapon to threaten or hurt you.
·Forced you to leave your home.
·Trapped you in your home or kept you from leaving.
·Prevented you from calling police or seeking medical attention.
·Hurt your children.
·Used physical force in sexual situations.

You may be in a sexually abusive relationship if your partner:
·Views women as objects and believes in rigid gender roles.
·Accuses you of cheating or is often jealous of your outside relationships.
·Wants you to dress in a sexual way.
·Insults you in sexual ways or calls you sexual names.
·Has ever forced or manipulated you into to having sex or performing sexual acts.
·Held you down during sex.
·Demanded sex when you were sick, tired or after beating you.
·Hurt you with weapons or objects during sex.
·Involved other people in sexual activities with you.
·Ignored your feelings regarding sex.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN