Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to tell a Mom nicely those snacks are not for my kids? **UPDATE**

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So it is difficult for me to find other Mommy friends for various reasons--ages of parents, ages of kids, sex of kids, etc., but there is this little boy that my daughter grew up with basically and are really good friends, anyway, so we went to their house for a playdate and the snacks were just fully loaded with sugar and the lunch that she served consisted of mini hot dogs and bagel bites.  I just always try to hit the 4 food groups with each meal and reduce the amount of sugar they get throughout the day. 

Should I say something or just brush it off?

I did bring them water and snacks if they wanted something and planned on leaving before lunch but they pleaded with us to stay until the other kids arrived.

UPDATE:  I got the point and usually stop reading after 20 replies.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:32 AM
Replies (251-260):
HunternChase
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Just let it go!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:34 PM
2 moms liked this

Parents like this drive me crazy. If I met one of my childrens friends parents and she acted this way then that would be the end of our friendship. There are so many more important things in life then to worry about something as silly as this. Really you are this upset about a playdate lunch. I can only imagine how a birthday party would end up.

Good luck to you and your search for friends.

jamieharper08
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:37 PM

I would let it go. It isn't like you are eating over there all the time. 

MrsNewman
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:20 PM

you most be perfect. how awesome for you. 

pce68
by Patti on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Why don't you bring a lunch for your dd next time you have a playdate? If they ask why, just say uour dd is a very picky eater, and it's just easier if you bring food for her.

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:26 PM
It's just one play date, not everyday. Let it go, and if there's a next time, give her a healthy snack or meal before you head to their house. Might help curb how much she eats while she is there next time:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jonnlilithsmom
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:44 PM

if it's not an everyday thing, I wouldn't worry about it... just make sure you make up for it with other meals, and it's all good

Freela
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I would let it go. Eating junk on occasion is not going to damage your child's health. You've already said that you've had a hard time making mom friends and that your child and this child like one another- why risk messing that up for something small. You can always put out a healthy snack for your child after you go home.

Bonita131
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Brush it off. Don't start shit where its not needed, all you'll do is ruin the the kids friendship.

Bonita131
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Quoting pce68:

Why don't you bring a lunch for your dd next time you have a playdate? If they ask why, just say uour dd is a very picky eater, and it's just easier if you bring food for her.

How insulting to the playdate mother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured