Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How to tell a Mom nicely those snacks are not for my kids? **UPDATE**

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So it is difficult for me to find other Mommy friends for various reasons--ages of parents, ages of kids, sex of kids, etc., but there is this little boy that my daughter grew up with basically and are really good friends, anyway, so we went to their house for a playdate and the snacks were just fully loaded with sugar and the lunch that she served consisted of mini hot dogs and bagel bites.  I just always try to hit the 4 food groups with each meal and reduce the amount of sugar they get throughout the day. 

Should I say something or just brush it off?

I did bring them water and snacks if they wanted something and planned on leaving before lunch but they pleaded with us to stay until the other kids arrived.

UPDATE:  I got the point and usually stop reading after 20 replies.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:32 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:33 AM
5 moms liked this

Let it go.  One does not need to be a rocket scientist to figure out why you can't keep "mommy" friends.  Your controlling nature is detrimental to your child's social well-being.  Lighten up mama!

annasew
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Just let it go.   Its ok to let your kids eat junk every once in awhile.  

TheImperfectOne
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:38 AM
This. It's not like you eat there every day. Just keep what you're doing at home and let them have a treat every once in awhile.

Quoting MamaMay007:

I let stuff like that go.  

I have the policy of in my house I feed you what I want, in your house you feed us what you want.  (Allergies are the exception to this rule, we don't have any but some people do). It isn't like you are seeing them for hours every day.  It is once in a while. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:38 AM
I would imagine she isn't eating there that often. I don't see a problem with allowing crappy food occasionally.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I was expecting weed brownies lmao. Honey child chill out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Shes not feeding her kid at the playdate. Someone else is.

Do you tell people what to cook when you go to dinner at their house? If you do, you're incredibly rude.

Quoting Anonymous:

Am I the only one amazed that the person who wants to feed their child the way they should be fed is the one looked at as the weirdo?

702girly
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:40 AM

I wouldn't change the way I feed my kids because another mom didn't like it. 

Mazie0723
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:42 AM

I agree.

Quoting MamaMay007:

I let stuff like that go.  

I have the policy of in my house I feed you what I want, in your house you feed us what you want.  (Allergies are the exception to this rule, we don't have any but some people do). It isn't like you are seeing them for hours every day.  It is once in a while. 

Carson Lenox

pregnancy week by week

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:43 AM
2 moms liked this

Pull the stick out your ass

I think you have a hard time finding friends because you are so uptight, not because of the reasons you listed.

CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:43 AM

LIG

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)