Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tattoo cover up

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

I want to cover this with something. It's on top of my foot.

Any suggestions, type, color, don't do it at all?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:05 AM
Bump!
ncohetero
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:06 AM
Lotus flower
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:07 AM
I worry about the blue bleeding through.

Everyone told me the colors would fade, but it's 6 years old and still pretty bright lol

Quoting ncohetero:

Lotus flower
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:09 AM
1 mom liked this
You're going to have to go to a tattoo artist who is expiriencied in cover-ups. They will have to work with the black lines to come up with a design that will flow with the previous lines. You don't want a big black tattoo on your foot.

Good luck.
ncohetero
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:12 AM
If the artist is experienced in cover ups that won't happen. I'm against just a big dark tattoo. So obvious. And not very attractive

Quoting Anonymous:

I worry about the blue bleeding through.

Everyone told me the colors would fade, but it's 6 years old and still pretty bright lol

Quoting ncohetero:

Lotus flower

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:12 AM

Shouldn't be terribly hard to cover, really. Your best bet is to research some local tattoo artists and work with them on a custom piece - the best ones won't just 'cover' it or plaster a bunch of thick dark colors on it, they'll incorporate what's there into the new design. Flowers or butterflies are usually a good choice for coverups on tats like the one you have - they can be fairly detailed and brightly colored.

ETA: If you're worried about blue bleedthrough, mebbe a blue flower? :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:12 AM
Yea, that would be gross. I wear sandals a lot too.
I was just curious if anyone had any experiences with it

I looked into removal, but it looks like cover up is WAY less painful

Quoting Anonymous:

You're going to have to go to a tattoo artist who is expiriencied in cover-ups. They will have to work with the black lines to come up with a design that will flow with the previous lines. You don't want a big black tattoo on your foot.

Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:13 AM
I would love some type of Celtic knot. Dark green, black outlines

Quoting Anonymous:

Shouldn't be terribly hard to cover, really. Your best bet is to research some local tattoo artists and work with them on a custom piece - the best ones won't just 'cover' it or plaster a bunch of thick dark colors on it, they'll incorporate what's there into the new design. Flowers or butterflies are usually a good choice for coverups on tats like the one you have - they can be fairly detailed and brightly colored.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:15 AM

That actually sounds like a really good idea. The angular lines and the darker color should work really well over what you have.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would love some type of Celtic knot. Dark green, black outlines

Quoting Anonymous:

pampire
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Research artists in your area that specialize in cover ups and schedule a consult.  The artist can design something that will work to cover the design and suit your personality.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)