Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Someone just tried to get into my house. *****UPDATE*****

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:39 AM
  • 19 Replies
And I'm scared shitless!

I'm watching TV, and had to go to the bathroom. It is only a few feet from my bedroom, so I left the bedroom light on. I didn't cut the bathroom light on because I could see fine ( light from bedroom was shining into bathroom ).

I was almost done when I heard a loud bang right outside the bathroom window! It sounded like something hitting the brick, and hard. Like a ladder falling onto it. I froze ( yes I was still on the toilet and thank God I was too ). I listened, and just a few seconds after I heard that bang, I heard another scraping noise coming from my DD's room!

I flew in there and looked, but didn't see anything, or anyone. I DID flick the light on though. I came back out, and went towards my bedroom, when I heard the front door being screwed with! Thank God I locked it back when I came in from work!

I haven't heard anything for a few minutes now, and will definitely be calling the cops if I hear anything else. I wont be going to sleep tonight though, and I have to work tomorrow.......oh its gonna be a fun day!

*****UPDATE*****

So I DID call the cops. One of them is a really good friend of mine and I called him. I told him what was going on, and he said he himself would swing by and check out the house, and the road. He thinks its probably just a kid trying to scare someone, but there are a couple real bad druggies that live not far from here. I will update again when he gets here and checks the house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovehimforever
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:41 AM

Call them anyway  and ask them to come check it out. better safe then sorry. 

singlemama0905
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:42 AM
2 moms liked this
Uhhhh I woulda called already..not sitting on CM
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:42 AM
1 mom liked this

NEVER turn the lights on inside when it is dark outside....that allows the creep to see inside, but doesn't let you see outside...better to keep them off and look outside!!! I would call the cops anyway, tell them what happened and ask them to send a car by to be on the look out, maybe the guy is at the neighbors!

melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:42 AM

Call the police and have them come look around your house.  I never had to do it but a friend od mine did and the police where happy that she called.  They did not catch anyone but their was footprints in the snow around her back door that never gets used.  They really kept an eye on the house for a long time after that.  The police would actually sit outside her house when her husband worked night shift.

MountieMama
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:42 AM
You should have called the cops as this was happening.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I would be calling them now and getting my loaded gun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:43 AM
Call anyway? I know you're spooked but come on... common sense
eykelley
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:44 AM
I would call just to be safe.
eykelley
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:44 AM
I would call just to be safe.
maryjmom
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:46 AM
I live out in the middle of no where, and it takes the cops like 20 minutes to get here. I have all the lights cut off in the house, and the TV is cut off too. I'm sitting in my bedroom, with a baseball bat in my hand. I know it wont do much, but it will stun them enough for me to get my DD.

And I'm on CM to keep my anxiety levels down. I get freaked out easily, and something like this happening is enough to put me Into a full blown panic attack.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)