Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quick!!! I need help!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: eye doctor or pedi????

Options:

eye doctor

pedi

other, there always has to be other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 31

View Results

I think my son has pink eye,  which do you think would be better taking him to his pedi or his eye doctor?  I know I Know not the normal drama but the offices open in about an hour and I can't decide which to call!  So help a mother out!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:45 AM
Replies (11-17):
Mehganh
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:56 AM
I would call the pedi.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krissy920
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:56 AM

both of my kids had double pink eye 2 months ago the ped said it was a viral  version of it and sent us  home... i knew the kids needed meds and that it was the bacterial version since no one else caught it.. needless to say both my babies eyes were swollen shut 2 days later.. and they were crying puss. make sure your  ped examines them well!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:02 AM

There is already puss coming out one of them so that shouldn't be a problem,  the other one is just swollen and red so far but i'm sure it's on it's way. 

Quoting krissy920:

both of my kids had double pink eye 2 months ago the ped said it was a viral  version of it and sent us  home... i knew the kids needed meds and that it was the bacterial version since no one else caught it.. needless to say both my babies eyes were swollen shut 2 days later.. and they were crying puss. make sure your  ped examines them well!!

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:04 AM
Pediatrician
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
krissy920
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Hope they get to feeling better then, its hard seeing their eyes swollen shut, a good ped should be able to tell if its viral or bacterial ( no meds if its viral and antiboitics for bacterial)

Quoting Anonymous:

There is already puss coming out one of them so that shouldn't be a problem,  the other one is just swollen and red so far but i'm sure it's on it's way. 

Quoting krissy920:

mrs.seri
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:07 AM
Pedi
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jpoveda2000
by Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Eye doctor won't do anything for pink eye.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured