Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I bought my 12 year old an iPad

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I can't wait until Christmas, he's going to love it. What big gifts did you buy for your kids?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Replies (11-20):
Miss-B
by ‚ô•Divalicious‚ô• on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:01 AM
My son is getting one for his fourteen birthday!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lanys_mom
by Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:02 AM
Umm shes getting a new personalized stocking, a personalized bracelet, a lalaloopsy, and a game I think for her mobigo. I should have it all by Saturday. I cannot wait to get her stocking though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:02 AM
DD (9) - Pokemon cards and plastic sheets
DS (6) - Pirate shiP and K'nex set

They are each getting a book. Not sure what we will put in their stockings. They already have way too much stuff!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:02 AM
This year I had put back extra money for our extended family and they decided not to play dirty Santa on both sides of the family, so I am splurging on my boys a little more.

Sorry you're broke, been there done that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:04 AM
We got my seven year old a new computer has the big gift from Santa

And a new mossy oak BB gun from us as the big gift

And his grandfather is buying the first "real" gun! A 410! Granddad normally waits until they are older for the guns but he's worried about his health so he wanted to go ahead and get it! Thank god my son understands gun safety!
momof3jam
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:05 AM

I am totally slacking this year - we got DS a bunch of video games and these super awesome (supposedly) video game headphones. Better be awesome, they were like $40. Plan to get a bunch of Barbies and clothes for DD, not sure what else there. And DS2 is only 3, so he's still up in the air.

CreziaMommyTo2
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:07 AM

maybe for you, my 3 & 5 year old have iPads and iPods, my 5 year old has a laptop and my 3 year old just asked for one.  

we were going to get the them the mini's as their big gifts, but my MIL said she wanted to get them a Fire.  so we arent going to upgrade their iPads since they are getting a new tablet anyway...

i know plenty of 3-8 year olds with their OWN ipads... its the world we live in....

Quoting Twisted.Jester:

I find posts like this to be attention whoring. I make good money.... I don't need to title a post about buying my 12 year old an iPad. Which I think is a ridiculous waste if money.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:07 AM
I was going to get him a laptop, but decided on the iPad, he's homeschooled so he needed something.

He's wanting a new gun, but not this year, I'm getting a new gun lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

And his grandfather is buying the first "real" gun! A 410! Granddad normally waits until they are older for the guns but he's worried about his health so he wanted to go ahead and get it! Thank god my son understands gun safety!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:08 AM
I got kindle fires for both boys. The best part is I paid for them with credit card rewards so they were free!
lilmoosesmom
by Cat on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this
My son really wants an iPad type thing but I think he will love the new computer as his runs so slow ( it was given to him and is reallllllllllyyyyy outdated!

What kind of gun are you getting!

Quoting Anonymous:

I was going to get him a laptop, but decided on the iPad, he's homeschooled so he needed something.

He's wanting a new gun, but not this year, I'm getting a new gun lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN