Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I bought my 12 year old an iPad

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I can't wait until Christmas, he's going to love it. What big gifts did you buy for your kids?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Replies (21-30):
jesusismyfriend
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:10 AM
I bought my 13 year old an iPad mini. His iPod got stolen and so I am replacing it with a mini. I bought myself the full size iPad with wireless keyboard, wireless printer that I can use to print from laptops, iPods, iPhones, and iPads, a Smart Cover and an iTunes gift card. I am using mine for school.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom2ljh
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:10 AM
Skylanders Giants. My son is 5.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:10 AM
Thank you! I wasn't even going to address her negative comment. I feel like I'm behind times, by just now getting him an iPad lol.

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

maybe for you, my 3 & 5 year old have iPads and iPods, my 5 year old has a laptop and my 3 year old just asked for one.  

we were going to get the them the mini's as their big gifts, but my MIL said she wanted to get them a Fire.  so we arent going to upgrade their iPads since they are getting a new tablet anyway...

i know plenty of 3-8 year olds with their OWN ipads... its the world we live in....

Quoting Twisted.Jester:

I find posts like this to be attention whoring. I make good money.... I don't need to title a post about buying my 12 year old an iPad. Which I think is a ridiculous waste if money.

Twisted.Jester
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:11 AM
It's the world you choose to live in. My kids are teens and if they want smartphones they pay for them on their own. I may have the only children on the planet who realize you don't get expensive shit just for breathing and that it's earned through them earning money through work, chores, or graded depending on their ages.

It's a choice "the world" doesn't determine the values I instill in my children. I do.

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

maybe for you, my 3 & 5 year old have iPads and iPods, my 5 year old has a laptop and my 3 year old just asked for one.  

we were going to get the them the mini's as their big gifts, but my MIL said she wanted to get them a Fire.  so we arent going to upgrade their iPads since they are getting a new tablet anyway...

i know plenty of 3-8 year olds with their OWN ipads... its the world we live in....

Quoting Twisted.Jester:

I find posts like this to be attention whoring. I make good money.... I don't need to title a post about buying my 12 year old an iPad. Which I think is a ridiculous waste if money.

TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:11 AM
My 10y/o DD got a laptop since her program for schools are not compatible with her iPad. UGH!!
My 3y/o DD got a kitchen.
I haven't bought one gift for my 11mth old yet so idtk what her big gift will be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kageegirl
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:12 AM
My 2 year olds big gift is a play house, my 5 year olds big gift is the mobigo touch 2, my 7 year olds big gift is the mega blocks shiba house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jesusismyfriend
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:12 AM
Ohhh I just got mine for school. If he is using it for school work get the Smart Cover and wireless keyboard. Apple website also has a printer that is 100 that you can print from iPad, iPod, iPhone, or a laptop.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was going to get him a laptop, but decided on the iPad, he's homeschooled so he needed something.

He's wanting a new gun, but not this year, I'm getting a new gun lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

We got my seven year old a new computer has the big gift from Santa

And a new mossy oak BB gun from us as the big gift

And his grandfather is buying the first "real" gun! A 410! Granddad normally waits until they are older for the guns but he's worried about his health so he wanted to go ahead and get it! Thank god my son understands gun safety!

Twisted.Jester
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:13 AM
I see nowhere where it says I can only reply if I agree with the post.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you! I wasn't even going to address her negative comment. I feel like I'm behind times, by just now getting him an iPad lol.

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

Quoting Twisted.Jester:

SiriSilasMom
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:13 AM
We replaced the kid's DS with the XL...guess what? We just found the old DS after months. I guess he'll just have 2...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CallxMexMama
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:13 AM
My daughter is getting an iPad and my son is getting an iPod. They asked for more electronics this year over toys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)