Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I bought my 12 year old an iPad

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I can't wait until Christmas, he's going to love it. What big gifts did you buy for your kids?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:13 AM
That's how our laptop is, old!

I'm getting a 9mm handgun, I can't wait.

Quoting lilmoosesmom:

My son really wants an iPad type thing but I think he will love the new computer as his runs so slow ( it was given to him and is reallllllllllyyyyy outdated!

What kind of gun are you getting!

Quoting Anonymous:

I was going to get him a laptop, but decided on the iPad, he's homeschooled so he needed something.

He's wanting a new gun, but not this year, I'm getting a new gun lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

We got my seven year old a new computer has the big gift from Santa

And a new mossy oak BB gun from us as the big gift

And his grandfather is buying the first "real" gun! A 410! Granddad normally waits until they are older for the guns but he's worried about his health so he wanted to go ahead and get it! Thank god my son understands gun safety!

SiriSilasMom
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:14 AM
What's wrong with a tween getting an iPad?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funlovinlady
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Trip to Disney for spring break. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:16 AM

we did not get much. A FAMILY gift of an Xbox with kinnect. Other than that...people are getting a new sheet set and jammies. That is all.

bri2011
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:18 AM
I agree my then five yr old son was gifted an ipad over the summer..omg this thing has been a lifesaver! Far from a waste! :)

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

maybe for you, my 3 & 5 year old have iPads and iPods, my 5 year old has a laptop and my 3 year old just asked for one.  

we were going to get the them the mini's as their big gifts, but my MIL said she wanted to get them a Fire.  so we arent going to upgrade their iPads since they are getting a new tablet anyway...

i know plenty of 3-8 year olds with their OWN ipads... its the world we live in....

Quoting Twisted.Jester:

I find posts like this to be attention whoring. I make good money.... I don't need to title a post about buying my 12 year old an iPad. Which I think is a ridiculous waste if money.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:21 AM
I wasn't even going to acknowledge you, however, you wanna talk about responsibility, my son mows lawns all summer and has built quite a nice little business, and his regulars have kept him busy all fall doing odd and end jobs, so he does pay for his smartphone, he cleans for half of it and gives money for the other half. You can teach responsibilities and spoil you know? Now move on, you have no clue how my kids are raised.

Quoting Twisted.Jester:

It's the world you choose to live in. My kids are teens and if they want smartphones they pay for them on their own. I may have the only children on the planet who realize you don't get expensive shit just for breathing and that it's earned through them earning money through work, chores, or graded depending on their ages.

It's a choice "the world" doesn't determine the values I instill in my children. I do.

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

maybe for you, my 3 & 5 year old have iPads and iPods, my 5 year old has a laptop and my 3 year old just asked for one.  

we were going to get the them the mini's as their big gifts, but my MIL said she wanted to get them a Fire.  so we arent going to upgrade their iPads since they are getting a new tablet anyway...

i know plenty of 3-8 year olds with their OWN ipads... its the world we live in....

Quoting Twisted.Jester:

I find posts like this to be attention whoring. I make good money.... I don't need to title a post about buying my 12 year old an iPad. Which I think is a ridiculous waste if money.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:24 AM
Thank you for the heads up, I know for sure I want to get him the keyboard and the printer.

Quoting jesusismyfriend:

Ohhh I just got mine for school. If he is using it for school work get the Smart Cover and wireless keyboard. Apple website also has a printer that is 100 that you can print from iPad, iPod, iPhone, or a laptop.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was going to get him a laptop, but decided on the iPad, he's homeschooled so he needed something.

He's wanting a new gun, but not this year, I'm getting a new gun lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

We got my seven year old a new computer has the big gift from Santa

And a new mossy oak BB gun from us as the big gift

And his grandfather is buying the first "real" gun! A 410! Granddad normally waits until they are older for the guns but he's worried about his health so he wanted to go ahead and get it! Thank god my son understands gun safety!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Lol

Quoting SiriSilasMom:

We replaced the kid's DS with the XL...guess what? We just found the old DS after months. I guess he'll just have 2...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:26 AM
That is a ridiculous excuse to try and justify being dumb. It's parents like you that give kids today entitlement problems.

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

Quoting Twisted.Jester:

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Cool.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)