Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I bought my 12 year old an iPad

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I can't wait until Christmas, he's going to love it. What big gifts did you buy for your kids?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Replies (41-50):
bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:30 AM
My son wants a special xbox controller and some megabloks. My daughter wants a stereo and a piercing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:33 AM
Piercing? That sounds like my niece, but she got a tat instead.

Quoting bleumonster:

My son wants a special xbox controller and some megabloks. My daughter wants a stereo and a piercing.

jesusismyfriend
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:35 AM
The Smart Cover folds so you can prop up the iPad like a regular computer moniter.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you for the heads up, I know for sure I want to get him the keyboard and the printer.

Quoting jesusismyfriend:

Ohhh I just got mine for school. If he is using it for school work get the Smart Cover and wireless keyboard. Apple website also has a printer that is 100 that you can print from iPad, iPod, iPhone, or a laptop.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was going to get him a laptop, but decided on the iPad, he's homeschooled so he needed something.

He's wanting a new gun, but not this year, I'm getting a new gun lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

We got my seven year old a new computer has the big gift from Santa

And a new mossy oak BB gun from us as the big gift

And his grandfather is buying the first "real" gun! A 410! Granddad normally waits until they are older for the guns but he's worried about his health so he wanted to go ahead and get it! Thank god my son understands gun safety!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:35 AM
You don't have the only ones. My son is 5. His school had a fundraiser. The too prize was a tablet for any kid who sold 85+ items. He decided he wanted that tablet. He worked his butt off for two weeks, selling 105 items, turning in over $1200. His school got 40% of that, so he raised almost $500 for his school. I'd say he understands working hard for something he wants.

Quoting Twisted.Jester:

It's the world you choose to live in. My kids are teens and if they want smartphones they pay for them on their own. I may have the only children on the planet who realize you don't get expensive shit just for breathing and that it's earned through them earning money through work, chores, or graded depending on their ages.

It's a choice "the world" doesn't determine the values I instill in my children. I do.

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

maybe for you, my 3 & 5 year old have iPads and iPods, my 5 year old has a laptop and my 3 year old just asked for one.  

we were going to get the them the mini's as their big gifts, but my MIL said she wanted to get them a Fire.  so we arent going to upgrade their iPads since they are getting a new tablet anyway...

i know plenty of 3-8 year olds with their OWN ipads... its the world we live in....

Quoting Twisted.Jester:

I find posts like this to be attention whoring. I make good money.... I don't need to title a post about buying my 12 year old an iPad. Which I think is a ridiculous waste if money.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:38 AM
I seen that too, I'm going to get it as well, my mil said they were $70ish (I think) at walmart.

Quoting jesusismyfriend:

The Smart Cover folds so you can prop up the iPad like a regular computer moniter.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you for the heads up, I know for sure I want to get him the keyboard and the printer.

Quoting jesusismyfriend:

Ohhh I just got mine for school. If he is using it for school work get the Smart Cover and wireless keyboard. Apple website also has a printer that is 100 that you can print from iPad, iPod, iPhone, or a laptop.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was going to get him a laptop, but decided on the iPad, he's homeschooled so he needed something.

He's wanting a new gun, but not this year, I'm getting a new gun lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

We got my seven year old a new computer has the big gift from Santa

And a new mossy oak BB gun from us as the big gift

And his grandfather is buying the first "real" gun! A 410! Granddad normally waits until they are older for the guns but he's worried about his health so he wanted to go ahead and get it! Thank god my son understands gun safety!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:38 AM

My 9 year old DD is getting a Nexus 7 tablet, a book about animal friendships, earrings, art supplies, knitting lessons, and a charm for her chamilla bracelet.  I've got almost everything but have to pick up the charm and the art supplies. 

My 7 year old DD wants only toys.  The Barbie movie the princess and the popstar, and the two dolls that go with it.  She wants art supplies as well, I got her two necklaces and a book called Underwater Dogs.  I have to pick up a few more of the toys she wants, and am thinking of buying a vanity for her as well.

My DS(15 yrs) just got a laptop for his birthday less than 2 weeks ago.  We will get him a nice laptop bag, maybe a computer or PS3 game, some books, a new tennis racket, and gift cards.

CutieCrab
by Jen on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:39 AM
An easal. My son loves art stuff. He's 4.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TheImperfectOne
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:40 AM
Haven't gotten their big gifts yet. Money has been tight this year, so we just have small stuff so far.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:40 AM
Keep em coming, I'm getting some good ideas for my youngest.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:41 AM

We chose the Nexus 7 for our DD.  Those were the two we had decided on, and after playing with both and reading reviews, we chose the nexus.  The kindle fire is great if you only want to purchase and use Amazon apps and stuff.  The nexus is more open since it is true android.  It was a little bit more expensive, but worth it I think.  :)

Quoting kiddycat73:

My oldest and middle (14&12) don't want any big ticket items this year, so they are getting a bunch of smaller stuff. My youngest (11) is getting either a kindle fire or a nexus 7, I haven't decided which one yet, and a few other small things.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured