Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I bought my 12 year old an iPad

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I can't wait until Christmas, he's going to love it. What big gifts did you buy for your kids?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Replies (61-67):
Kleotide
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Were getting our little one (4 years old) a bright pink elelctric guitar and some lessons.  She's been asking for it since she turned three, so we are super excited.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:46 AM
I always wait til December to shop. I get so stressed but I love it!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:47 AM

My 10 year old is getting a sewing machine, a dress form and some small things.  She has a Kindle Fire, but I'm lucky that she doesn't really care to spend much time in front of a screen.  She really loves making things and working with her hands.

My 2 year old twins are getting a train table together, then some small toys individually.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Cool. We took them to Disney world, amd Mickey's Christmas party this month. For their Santa gifts DD is getting a tricycle, DS2 is getting Nintendo 3ds, and DS1 asked for Pokepark 2 so I'll get that along with some other stuff.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Twisted.Jester
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:33 PM

You should have specified you were only interested in hearing from people who agreed with you.  This is my opinion, if you don't like it, don't read it and move on.  Taking your own advice, its a beautiful thing.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wasn't even going to acknowledge you, however, you wanna talk about responsibility, my son mows lawns all summer and has built quite a nice little business, and his regulars have kept him busy all fall doing odd and end jobs, so he does pay for his smartphone, he cleans for half of it and gives money for the other half. You can teach responsibilities and spoil you know? Now move on, you have no clue how my kids are raised.

Quoting Twisted.Jester:

It's the world you choose to live in. My kids are teens and if they want smartphones they pay for them on their own. I may have the only children on the planet who realize you don't get expensive shit just for breathing and that it's earned through them earning money through work, chores, or graded depending on their ages.

It's a choice "the world" doesn't determine the values I instill in my children. I do.

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

maybe for you, my 3 & 5 year old have iPads and iPods, my 5 year old has a laptop and my 3 year old just asked for one.  

we were going to get the them the mini's as their big gifts, but my MIL said she wanted to get them a Fire.  so we arent going to upgrade their iPads since they are getting a new tablet anyway...

i know plenty of 3-8 year olds with their OWN ipads... its the world we live in....

Quoting Twisted.Jester:

I find posts like this to be attention whoring. I make good money.... I don't need to title a post about buying my 12 year old an iPad. Which I think is a ridiculous waste if money.

prncesspeach
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:39 PM
My mom's sending a pogo stick for my daughter. I have 911 on speed dial lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beerabitch69
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:51 PM
Mine got iPhones this year. They got them early.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)