Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are these shoes for a short stripper?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 330 Replies

Poll

Question: Are these shoes for a short stripper?

Options:

Yeah, those should be on some bow-legged naked chick named Honeysuckle…

No, I like them!

No, I don’t like them…

I’m not sure?

I want to vote for honeysuckle, but I don’t hate the shoes.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 675

View Results

I bought a pair of shoes online. I knew they were going to be out of my comfort zone, but when they got to my house they were way more intimidating in person! I don’t normally wear heels and I didn’t take into account that the 2’’ platform would make it a total of 5’’. That being said, I got a good deal, they are actually really easy to walk in and comfortable. They don’t look as massive once they are on.

The problem is that when I opened the shoe box SO was standing there with me. The second he saw them he started to berate me. I tried them on and it was one thing after another. I'll just say that he does not like them at all. he said that they look like they were made for a short stripper. That was obviously wonderful for my confidence. I felt like an idiot… I’m plain when it comes to style. I wear makeup and I do my hair, but I wear jeans and a black or gray shirt of some kind 95% of the time. Nothing overly drab. I just don’t gravitate to color or things that would be considered anything but ‘plain’. SO is the same way. He would probably make the same kind of comments if I attempted to wear a pair of leggings and a long shirt (I see a lot of women wearing outfits with leggings, I’m sure you can picture what I mean) or something like that. I just don’t push the issue. Now that I have the reaction was completely overboard. I don’t think he is used to seeing me 6’ tall either. I wish he could have just said that he didn’t like them and he thought they were too tall. WTF, is that too much to ask for? I’m in my 20's now... I feel like it’s time to upgrade my style a little. I’m still wearing things that I wore back in high school.

I tried the shoes on again yesterday without him there. I actually like them. To be honest, returning them will be a PITA. I don’t know if I even want to. They look a lot better with a pair of jeans on. I was just wearing a pair of sweatpants and a T-Shirt before.

Anyways, I took a few pictures so I could get some opinions on the shoes. Honesty is welcome.

Pardon the sock.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AleaKat
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:15 AM
I think they look fine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anariama
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:17 AM
21 moms liked this

Wow one of those shoes would be going up my dh's ass if he said that shit to me.

Anyway they look fine.

Apr1l
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:17 AM
Don't like litas
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ncohetero
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:18 AM
I like them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SLGross215
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:18 AM

They are very cute

luvmymonkeys27
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Wow, your husband is an ass. I think they're fine! 

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:18 AM
They look fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apr1l
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:18 AM
Gosh thwf was awful of your man..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:18 AM
4 moms liked this
Your SO is a jackass.

They're fine.

Now had they been silver and a sandal then ya, a bit hookerish. But these aren't even close.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:19 AM
Not stripper shoes at all IMO
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN