Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No, you don't DESERVE anything!! And you call me selfish?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 232 Replies
5 moms liked this
My parents were married for 27 years when they got divorced. My mom has admitted that she loved my dad in the beginning, but really only stayed married to him because she didn't want to be poor. Near the end of their marriage, my dad's company closed down, he became depressed and started drinking. The minute all of the savings were gone, my mom left. My dad ended up moving back to his home state and in with his aunt until he got his life back on track. He got a job in pretty much the same position that he'd held previously. The second the divorce was finalized, my mother never said another word to him in the next 9 years.

My dad had a sudden heart attack and passed away in August. It is, without a doubt, the hardest think I've ever been through. My sister and I had no idea there was any life insurance, but his boss called us to say he was going to start putting the paperwork through. My mom, who was nowhere to be seen or heard from during the 2 weeks he was in the hospital or during his funeral is suddenly this heart broken widow who loved him so much. She's all over fb eliciting sympathy from anyone who didn't realize she hadn't spoken to the man in 9 years.

Despite the fact that I don't buy any of it (in fact I KNOW she hated him) my sister and I were each going to write her a check just because she's our mother. Apparently we didn't do it quick enough for her liking though. She told the rest of the family how greedy and selfish we are and how she deserves that money for putting up with all of us for 27 years.

Excuse me??!!

You don't get money for "putting up" with someone. You aren't entitled to it because you suffered through your familial obligations! It hurts me for my dad that that's how she really felt about him. And to call me greedy because I was named a beneficiary? I'd give everything I have on top of the life insurance to have my dad back!

No, I've changed my mind. If dad had wanted her to have anything, he would have given it to her. Having your mom call you awful things sort of takes a person out of the giving spirit, kwim?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:41 AM
:(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kaytlin
by Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:44 AM
22 moms liked this
Good for you, she doesn't deserve a dime!
CutieCrab
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:46 AM
4 moms liked this
Your mom sounds extremely selfish and greedy!! She doesn't deserve a cent!!! Imo.
702girly
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:46 AM
2 moms liked this

Ouch, I wouldn't give her a dime either.

PhoenixsMommy10
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:47 AM
3 moms liked this
Don't give her a dang dime. She's being immature and petty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazysheep
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:47 AM
3 moms liked this
Oh wow... yea she doesn't deserve anything. Your right though, if your father wanted her to have anything... he would of gave her some.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IWantOneMorePlz
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

wow, I don't know what to say.  Sorry for your loss.  

LanaTsunami
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:48 AM
Don't give her shit if she feels that way
mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:49 AM
Oy

Sorry about your dad. ((Hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
edelweiss23
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:49 AM
Don't give her anything!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN