Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The problem with Elf on the Shelf...

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:47 AM
  • 241 Replies
1 mom liked this
Okay so we started Elf on the Shelf Sunday night when my DS came back from his Dads house. Buddy, our elf showed up on DS night stand with a present - New Cars PJs!

So the issue I had the first night was sneaking back into DS room to get the elf and then move him. So I had to 1) stay up long enough to make sure he was good and asleep 2) I had to be really quiet and his door squeaks when you open it 3) I can't remember but I'm sure there is a third...

Anyways so I was smarter and made sure to move Buddy to a new spot NOT in DS room. DS found him yesterday sitting on our fire place mantel. I know so creative.

Anyways last night I was going to try and do something more creative with our beloved elf friend.

But here's the problem I had once again... Stayin up longer than DS! Once I do really good if I make it out of his bed once I'm done reading to him.

Last night I got DS in bed and then went to watch TV in my room. I meant to get up and move Buddy once my show was over but fell asleep. Luckily DH moved him this morning when he woke up this morning.

I fell bad that I didn't do anything special with the elf.

:(

How do you other Mamas do it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this
For those of you who don't know what Elf on the Shelf is

http://www.elfontheshelf.com/AboutUs/TheTradition.aspx
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Unoriginal.
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:48 AM
2 moms liked this
I go to bed 4 hours after she does
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:50 AM
But even still a lot of the elf on the shelf ideas involve other toys and I would have to sneak back into DS room..

Quoting Unoriginal.:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:50 AM
2 moms liked this

The problem I have with elf on a shelf is that I have no friggin clue what that is lol  I first heard of it on CM and I still don't get what it's all about lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe write down ideas, and keep the list on your nightstand then you can check them off each night before bed. We don't do elf here.
Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Here's Buddy in our mantel
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Unoriginal.
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:52 AM
Take them out ahead of time, or find things to do in other rooms

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

But even still a lot of the elf on the shelf ideas involve other toys and I would have to sneak back into DS room..

Quoting Unoriginal.:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saqmdb
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm always up late working on homework or watching my shows, so I usually move our elf then.  I get up early every morning, so if I forget to move it that night I do it that morning.  I have found a lot of ideas off of pinterest and I have thought of some on my own.  My boys are loving how the elf is always moving.  One day I didn't move it all and just told the boys that they must have not been good enough for him to leave and he just stayed in that spot.  I did end up moving him later on, when I was able to. 

Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I li a link in the first comment to their website

Quoting CeeGee81:

The problem I have with elf on a shelf is that I have no friggin clue what that is lol  I first heard of it on CM and I still don't get what it's all about lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
do11face
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:54 AM

My husband wants to do this now.

I told him I don't want to because I feel like the marketing is forcing me to, lol.
I guess we will, though. -_-
I would say for you that maybe you need to plan ahead better? I don't know.
My kids go to bed at 7:30. So, I don't have a problem with staying up before they are asleep.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)