Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Plan B backup pill

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I find it highly ridiculous teens can go have an abortion without their parents consent but can't have access to a simple pill that offers wayyyyy less risk than an abortion. It's NOT an abortion pill it's prevention!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:03 AM

I agree

Maks1mommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:03 AM
I agree.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:04 AM
In my state a teen cannot have an abortion without parent consent.
Ms.Pink.
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:05 AM
Not in my state, parental consent is required for an abortion too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:05 AM

agreed.

When i was 17 the condom broke and I went and had to go through this huge ordeal to get it, and they wanted to call my parents about it.

-ZombieGirl-
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:05 AM

What state allows teens to have an abortion without at least one parent's consent?

In Florida, they have to have consent. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:13 AM

I agree, but I also find it ridiculous that so many teens get pregnant in this day and age with preventive items being available anywhere at any given time. Sex Ed is taught in school as early as 5th grade, STDs are mutating and becoming resistant to treatment and sexual protection is available at their fingertips. So I find it more appalling that the rate of teen pregnancy is still so high.

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting -ZombieGirl-:

What state allows teens to have an abortion without at least one parent's consent?

In WA, any reproductive or mental health services can be obtained by a minor 13 years or older.  It works both ways - a parent can't force a teenager to have an abortion (or to have the child).

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
There's a few. But there is easy ways around it. The doctor has to call and speak to a parent and notify them. My sister could pass for my mom over the phone...

Also a judge can waive it if you don't want your parent to be notified.

Quoting -ZombieGirl-:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Makes me wonder what is in store for the future of America. With teen pregnancy at an all time high and on the rise and dropping out of school.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree, but I also find it ridiculous that so many teens get pregnant in this day and age with preventive items being available anywhere at any given time. Sex Ed is taught in school as early as 5th grade, STDs are mutating and becoming resistant to treatment and sexual protection is available at their fingertips. So I find it more appalling that the rate of teen pregnancy is still so high.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)