Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Divorce....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

So my bitch of a sil did it.

She wanted to divorce my brother earlier this year, but was unable to since she is from Germany and they were in California. She would have been screwed. She wanted to take their boys and leave, but pretended to mend their relationship.

Her grandfather died and my bro bent over backwards to get her and the boys back to germany, while he remained behind. (He's army.) She was supposed to be gone only 10 days.

A week into it, not even actually, he announced that she'd stay there. He'd join them in February when he is redeployed to Germany.

I had a bad, bad feeling. She has never acknowled my nephews as being American. She insists they are german only. Now she has them in Germany, and is divorcing my brother.

I was already cut out of the boys' lives. Now I know for sure they will never know me. Breaks my heart.

My bro is no saint, but I know she will do everything she can to make sure he doesn't see his sons.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Have him get a lawyer.  Check and see if Germany follows our laws.  There are international custody lawyers for this exact reason.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:00 PM
Yeah. I'm trying to be supportive. I wanted so badly to say "i told you so" but I refrained. I'm worried, but for now I will not offer unsolicited advice. A bit further down the road, i will.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)