Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For those of you pro-lifers who are like YAY Texas makes them see an ultrasound

Posted by   + Show Post

I have a friend who lives in Texas. She had an abortion recentally. Basically, this ultrasound shit is a deterrant. It is meant to deter women from even thinking of an abortion. But if they can get over the fear of seeing the ultrasound and having it explained, it doesn't happen. My friend's doctor told her not to worry, the nurse basically told her she was fully allowed to place her hands over her ears, to close her eyes the entire time, and the ultrasound tech spoke so low, she didn't hear a thing. She was told that most of the doctors are doing the same thing, that this is more of a deterrant, but it doesn't truly happen. Go Texas.

I am pro-choice, so I am VERY happy that is what most of them are doing. :)

eye rollingLOL. Go pro-lifers! After all you've changed NOTHING. Doctors who dont agree with abortion would never perform one anyway, and the ones who do agree say slap your hands over your ears and close your eyes. LOL! :)

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Replies (201-204):
So_Devious20
by Misha Lovegood<3 on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:50 PM
You are clearly one of the dumbasses who think that it is ok to have a say on what another woman does with her body. Idiot.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quite thick headed here when it comes to dumbasses who use abortion as a means to pleasure fuck while using the intelligence of a ten year old-because they are to lazy to use bc and a condom. some women who are like this, need to stare at the life they are not allowing to continue, and see the heartbeat they are stopping. If there were not so many dumbasses out there abusing abortion, then maybe it would be more optional...you sound like one of the dumbasses.

Quoting So_Devious20:

Are you that thick headed, really? I don't need to stare down any fetus who I plan to abort. I know what a fetus looks like. It proves nothing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Good. Then women who truly NEED abortion as an option ate likely to follow through. I know too many who have had 3, 4, hell, I know more than one woman who had 7 abortions. Why? Because she never had to see the life she was ending for her own convenience. Not one was for health, rape, ect. Honestly, I know one woman who aborted who dis it for a reasonable reason. All others I know personally, did it because they were too lazy to use bc faithfully. Half of them were one night stands where a condom wasn't used. I'm all for womens rights, but if women have to face the severity of their decisions, perhaps they will be more inclined to make wiser ones.

Quoting So_Devious20:

Do you seriously not understand that women know what abortion is? We've all seen fetuses in every stage of life. Highschool? We know what they look like. We know their hearts beat at a certain week, we know that they have the potential of becoming a person. We KNOW that. Making someone stare at a screen and reiterate all of that is meant as a scare tactic. A guilt trip. 'Oh look, it's heart is already beating. How could you do this?'

Quoting Anonymous:

No, it isn't. Saying that some one must see and understand what is being removed, is saying they must be completely educated in their decision. That knowledge prevents doubts and regrets simply because they are more confident and educated. You want a fact? If you are expected to write a thesis in one hour-would you feel more confident writing about a topic you are educated in and understand, or blindly babbling in about something you heard a few times. Obviously, your decision would lean towards a subject you were educated in. Likewise, an educated woman who chooses abortion is less likely to regret a hasty decision, or learn more and wish she had chosen differently or understood more so she would have less doubt. If you can't understand the concept of understanding and knowledge as a whole, then that is your problem. I like to have adult conversation with people who educate themselves. If I wanted to remain ignorant I would live like it's still the 1950's and not concern myself with educated decisions.

Quoting Anonymous:

Show me proof that an ultra sound will deter unsure women. That is a sweeping generalization and assumption.

Quoting Anonymous:

I did NOT generalize. As a matter of fact, I pointed out the education and knowledge benefit pro life and prochoice people. Where, and when, did knowledge about a subject turn into a generalization???

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually generalizing is one of the worst ways to prove a point. It doesn't signify your expertise on a subject. You assume what a woman may feel.

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually, I was very objective and gave the reasons for both women who regret, an women who don't. Read what I said again. Knowledge has nothing to do with generalizing a concept.

Quoting Anonymous:

I had one and I don't regret it. I was happy I was relieved of a pregnancy and another responsibility. You can't generalize.

Quoting Anonymous:

Exactly! Since when do "womens rights" translate to "close your eyes and ears, be ignorant while you make decisions!" half (ok probably more, I'm just making sure I'm not exaggerating) of the women I know who aborted-regret it. Why? Because they made the decision without actually SEEING it. After the fact there was depression, and resentment. Even my friend who doesn't regret it, regrets that she didn't look into it more! This is coming from a totally pro choice woman who encouraged two of her friends to abort pregnancies. One of them became suicidal afterward because she looked into abortion more thoroughly AFTER the fact and wasn't comfortable with it. Ladies, if we want to make decisions, we shouldn't do it while ignoring the facts. If a woman wants an abortion and feels good with it, an ultrasound won't change that. It will only deter the ones who aren't comfortable with it, and would probably regret and suffer mentally from following through uneducated/informed.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't see why this is an infringement of a women's rights. She can still have her abortion but she will be able to make a more educated decision hopefully.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:47 PM
No, great ignorant one. I think women should have brains they know how to use!

Quoting So_Devious20:

You are clearly one of the dumbasses who think that it is ok to have a say on what another woman does with her body. Idiot.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quite thick headed here when it comes to dumbasses who use abortion as a means to pleasure fuck while using the intelligence of a ten year old-because they are to lazy to use bc and a condom. some women who are like this, need to stare at the life they are not allowing to continue, and see the heartbeat they are stopping. If there were not so many dumbasses out there abusing abortion, then maybe it would be more optional...you sound like one of the dumbasses.

Quoting So_Devious20:

Are you that thick headed, really? I don't need to stare down any fetus who I plan to abort. I know what a fetus looks like. It proves nothing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Good. Then women who truly NEED abortion as an option ate likely to follow through. I know too many who have had 3, 4, hell, I know more than one woman who had 7 abortions. Why? Because she never had to see the life she was ending for her own convenience. Not one was for health, rape, ect. Honestly, I know one woman who aborted who dis it for a reasonable reason. All others I know personally, did it because they were too lazy to use bc faithfully. Half of them were one night stands where a condom wasn't used. I'm all for womens rights, but if women have to face the severity of their decisions, perhaps they will be more inclined to make wiser ones.

Quoting So_Devious20:

Do you seriously not understand that women know what abortion is? We've all seen fetuses in every stage of life. Highschool? We know what they look like. We know their hearts beat at a certain week, we know that they have the potential of becoming a person. We KNOW that. Making someone stare at a screen and reiterate all of that is meant as a scare tactic. A guilt trip. 'Oh look, it's heart is already beating. How could you do this?'

Quoting Anonymous:

No, it isn't. Saying that some one must see and understand what is being removed, is saying they must be completely educated in their decision. That knowledge prevents doubts and regrets simply because they are more confident and educated. You want a fact? If you are expected to write a thesis in one hour-would you feel more confident writing about a topic you are educated in and understand, or blindly babbling in about something you heard a few times. Obviously, your decision would lean towards a subject you were educated in. Likewise, an educated woman who chooses abortion is less likely to regret a hasty decision, or learn more and wish she had chosen differently or understood more so she would have less doubt. If you can't understand the concept of understanding and knowledge as a whole, then that is your problem. I like to have adult conversation with people who educate themselves. If I wanted to remain ignorant I would live like it's still the 1950's and not concern myself with educated decisions.

Quoting Anonymous:

Show me proof that an ultra sound will deter unsure women. That is a sweeping generalization and assumption.

Quoting Anonymous:

I did NOT generalize. As a matter of fact, I pointed out the education and knowledge benefit pro life and prochoice people. Where, and when, did knowledge about a subject turn into a generalization???

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually generalizing is one of the worst ways to prove a point. It doesn't signify your expertise on a subject. You assume what a woman may feel.

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually, I was very objective and gave the reasons for both women who regret, an women who don't. Read what I said again. Knowledge has nothing to do with generalizing a concept.

Quoting Anonymous:

I had one and I don't regret it. I was happy I was relieved of a pregnancy and another responsibility. You can't generalize.

Quoting Anonymous:

Exactly! Since when do "womens rights" translate to "close your eyes and ears, be ignorant while you make decisions!" half (ok probably more, I'm just making sure I'm not exaggerating) of the women I know who aborted-regret it. Why? Because they made the decision without actually SEEING it. After the fact there was depression, and resentment. Even my friend who doesn't regret it, regrets that she didn't look into it more! This is coming from a totally pro choice woman who encouraged two of her friends to abort pregnancies. One of them became suicidal afterward because she looked into abortion more thoroughly AFTER the fact and wasn't comfortable with it. Ladies, if we want to make decisions, we shouldn't do it while ignoring the facts. If a woman wants an abortion and feels good with it, an ultrasound won't change that. It will only deter the ones who aren't comfortable with it, and would probably regret and suffer mentally from following through uneducated/informed.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't see why this is an infringement of a women's rights. She can still have her abortion but she will be able to make a more educated decision hopefully.

endoftheworld
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:53 PM

I have a brain. I used that brain BOTH times I had my 2 abortions.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting So_Devious20:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting So_Devious20:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting So_Devious20:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

So_Devious20
by Misha Lovegood<3 on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:05 PM
What exactly makes me ignorant in this conversation? The fact that I don't agree with you or the fact that I am smart enough to know that I have no rights to another woman's uterus?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting So_Devious20:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting So_Devious20:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting So_Devious20:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN