Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For those of you pro-lifers who are like YAY Texas makes them see an ultrasound

Posted by   + Show Post

I have a friend who lives in Texas. She had an abortion recentally. Basically, this ultrasound shit is a deterrant. It is meant to deter women from even thinking of an abortion. But if they can get over the fear of seeing the ultrasound and having it explained, it doesn't happen. My friend's doctor told her not to worry, the nurse basically told her she was fully allowed to place her hands over her ears, to close her eyes the entire time, and the ultrasound tech spoke so low, she didn't hear a thing. She was told that most of the doctors are doing the same thing, that this is more of a deterrant, but it doesn't truly happen. Go Texas.

I am pro-choice, so I am VERY happy that is what most of them are doing. :)

eye rollingLOL. Go pro-lifers! After all you've changed NOTHING. Doctors who dont agree with abortion would never perform one anyway, and the ones who do agree say slap your hands over your ears and close your eyes. LOL! :)

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:40 AM
I had one and I don't regret it. I was happy I was relieved of a pregnancy and another responsibility. You can't generalize.

Quoting Anonymous:

Exactly! Since when do "womens rights" translate to "close your eyes and ears, be ignorant while you make decisions!" half (ok probably more, I'm just making sure I'm not exaggerating) of the women I know who aborted-regret it. Why? Because they made the decision without actually SEEING it. After the fact there was depression, and resentment. Even my friend who doesn't regret it, regrets that she didn't look into it more! This is coming from a totally pro choice woman who encouraged two of her friends to abort pregnancies. One of them became suicidal afterward because she looked into abortion more thoroughly AFTER the fact and wasn't comfortable with it. Ladies, if we want to make decisions, we shouldn't do it while ignoring the facts. If a woman wants an abortion and feels good with it, an ultrasound won't change that. It will only deter the ones who aren't comfortable with it, and would probably regret and suffer mentally from following through uneducated/informed.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't see why this is an infringement of a women's rights. She can still have her abortion but she will be able to make a more educated decision hopefully.

wulfeyes05
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:40 AM
Meh
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:41 AM

The different between your and you are are SO very relevant!!  Congratulations!

Quoting Anonymous:

Get your grammar correct if you are going to make a ridiculous statement like this! Or, better yet, just get an education.

Quoting Anonymous:

WOO HOO GO BABY KILLERS!  KILL ONE FOR ME WHILE YOUR AT IT!  MAKE SURE TO SUCK ITS BRAINS RIGHT OUT!

endoftheworld
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I had 2. And I have not lost 1 night of sleep over either one. Don't want to go into reasons or what happened, but I'm seriously good with my decisions.

Quoting Anonymous:

I had one and I don't regret it. I was happy I was relieved of a pregnancy and another responsibility. You can't generalize.

Quoting Anonymous:

Exactly! Since when do "womens rights" translate to "close your eyes and ears, be ignorant while you make decisions!" half (ok probably more, I'm just making sure I'm not exaggerating) of the women I know who aborted-regret it. Why? Because they made the decision without actually SEEING it. After the fact there was depression, and resentment. Even my friend who doesn't regret it, regrets that she didn't look into it more! This is coming from a totally pro choice woman who encouraged two of her friends to abort pregnancies. One of them became suicidal afterward because she looked into abortion more thoroughly AFTER the fact and wasn't comfortable with it. Ladies, if we want to make decisions, we shouldn't do it while ignoring the facts. If a woman wants an abortion and feels good with it, an ultrasound won't change that. It will only deter the ones who aren't comfortable with it, and would probably regret and suffer mentally from following through uneducated/informed.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't see why this is an infringement of a women's rights. She can still have her abortion but she will be able to make a more educated decision hopefully.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Uh huh, you just solidified your lack of education. Congratulation!

Quoting Anonymous:

The different between your and you are are SO very relevant!!  Congratulations!

Quoting Anonymous:

Get your grammar correct if you are going to make a ridiculous statement like this! Or, better yet, just get an education.

Quoting Anonymous:

WOO HOO GO BABY KILLERS!  KILL ONE FOR ME WHILE YOUR AT IT!  MAKE SURE TO SUCK ITS BRAINS RIGHT OUT!

stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:44 AM
i dont see why anyone would go in for ANY procedure and act like a liitle child and put their hands over their ears and close their eyes...why not be informed? especially if something happens...and it does...they can say "well you were informed of that but chose not to hear it" this is completely rediculous!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:44 AM
2 moms liked this

You are right....why should a woman have to look at the baby she is about to kill?  She should be able to just get rid of the disgusting hinderance to her life and move on as if nothing ever happened!  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:45 AM

So.............if you can just remain in denial that is IS a living thing, it's okay, huh?

Let's pretend it's just some blob of "tissues"!!! yippee

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Sure. Most common excuse is faulty birth control.

Quoting endoftheworld:

She had a mirena. Oh wow, look at that, she WAS trying to prevent.

Quoting Anonymous:

You know what does have a purpose? CONTRACEPTIVES. Pregnancy is 100% preventable. The majority of hospitals even give emergency contraceptives to rape victims.

Quoting endoftheworld:

Again, unless you have some serious mental disorder, women know what abortions are and what they do. This is completely unneccessary and meant as nothing more than a scare tactic, and a guilt trip. It serves no purpose.

Quoting Anonymous:

It isn't. They just don't want to have to see a healthy-growing baby before they kill it.

Quoting Anonymous:

endoftheworld
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Because we all know what abortion is, what it does, what happens, what we are carrying, etc. We aren't stupid. Do you truly believe, other than a young child, or a woman with severe mental disorders, that all other women don't know what is happening?

Quoting stickyfingers:

i dont see why anyone would go in for ANY procedure and act like a liitle child and put their hands over their ears and close their eyes...why not be informed? especially if something happens...and it does...they can say "well you were informed of that but chose not to hear it" this is completely rediculous!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN