Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My kids are brats, they didnt show their true colors when u watched them!!!

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:40 PM
  • 2 Replies
This is what my younger brother told me when i kept his kids for two days and two nights. They are three and two yrs old. I also have a two year old and one month old. I was shocked at what he said.

Appparantly at his house they get into the drawers and cubbards (sp?), write on things, dump their sippys everywhere, fight over toys, open the doors and try to go outside and get into the fridge and empty everything onto the floor.

I laughed at him and told him thats normal and not their fault, but his. My house is baby proofed so i had none of those issues. I have the safety handles on the doors, safety locks on the cabinents and drawers, velcro up high on the fridge, and i dont allow food or drinks anywhere but at the kitchen table. With a baby/toddler proofed house they were angels! I didnt worry about what they were getting into when i went potty or took a shower, i was not stressed with four kids, they didnt fight over toys because i have a larg playroom filled with toys. I kept them busy with activities and allowed them to color with no worries thanks to the majic eraser (which is amazing with toddlers).

So i gave my 23 yr old brother a crash course in child safety, gave him a few baby gates and wrote him a list of things to get to baby proof his house. Its been two weeks and he just called and told me his kids behavior has improved so much and he hasnt yelled at them or punished them in days!

I think there should be a parenting class in child safety and behavior. It would help young parents like him be less stressed and enjoy their babies.

Just needed to get that out, its like super nanny, a few small things could change a childs behavior so much.
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:42 PM
What a jackass. Lol I love when people let their kids do whatever they want and then complain about them.its a good thing he has you for a sister.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2cheesebug
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:45 PM
He had no idea they made velcro for the fride, it cracked me up, but at least now he isnt stressed with his kids. That makes all the difference in the world with parenting.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)