Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHM for 8 years and feeling lost..

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:14 PM
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am new to Cafe Mom and I just need some reassuarance that I am ok..

My oldest son is in 2nd grade so he is gone all day long, my 4 yo is in preschool 4 days a week M-Th 12:30-3. That leaves me with some time in the afternoons to be alone and do what I want/what needs to be done.

Last year I know I didn't have these feelings like I do now -- maybe b/c my preschooler is gone more days than last year.

But anyway, I just feel lost in the afternoons while he is at school for that short amount of time.  I feel guilty when I have absolutely nothing to do and wind up watching tv.

I am a pretty neat and organized person, the house gets cleaned every Saturday top to bottom -- it just works for me. I don't like messes or things to be out of place (No I don't have OCD) so my house for the most part is picked up. Somedays I will pay bills or get dinner ready if it's something that takes time or do laundry or run errands  and I work out M-F for about a half hour but for the most part I don't have much to do in that  2 1/2 hour span. I feel like the rest of the world is functioning, my husband is at work, people are on the go and I am watching tv or reading a book.

Is there anyone else in a similar situation who feels like I do or am I just crazy for having these feelings and should just be grateful that I am not running around like crazy and do have time to relax.

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
LovelyMommy24
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I've felt the same way, the only difference is that I have two small children still at home with me. I can certainly understand how you're feeling. You're doing what's best for you and your family, if you get bored you can always get a part time job at Target during the day or something. Otherwise, I think you're doing a great job. Staying at home does get a lot harder than one would expect! 

*Hugs* 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured