Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Boys have a pee pee, girls have a....what?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 94 Replies

So my preschool age son just walked into the bathroom to ask for help with the TV remote and was very adiment that, since I was peeing, I had to hold my pee pee down or I'd pee all over myself. I just told him to get out of the bathroom and I'd change the channel for him when I got out. He keeps asking me why girls don't hold their pee pee down. So my question is what do I call it? He knows he has a penis but has to call it a pee pee when he's in school so should I just go with vagina? But what do I tell him is ok to say in school if he says something? They went all nuts when he said he had a penis so I'm pretty sure they will crucify me if he says vagina in school.

Edited to add since people are asking: 

Grandma pays his tuition to a Catholic Pre-school. They are uptight about a LOT of things. I'm Baptist but if I don't have to pay for his Pre-K it doesn't bother me that he goes to a Catholic Pre-K(except when they flip out over some things I think are silly to freak out about). If he didn't go there I would have to pay for him to go to Pre-K and honestly I just can't afford it. It's a really good school I just am not Catholic and don't attend their church but since my mom and dad go to the church she wants him in that Pre-K. She said it's better than Head Start which is where he was before.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sbreece
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Call it a pee pee. Or a lady bug (that's what my mom called it) lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I have a 3yo boy only, and we havent answered that question yet either. He just knows that boys have pee pees, girls dont have them.

Aslen
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:47 PM
3 moms liked this
Boys have penises, girls have vulvas. Why call them anything else?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Vagina.  I'm big on using the real names.  ;)

hudson.maggie
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Vagina.

Fairegirl33
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:48 PM

yes it is a vagina...

Momof5kids84
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:48 PM
My kids call it a peanut. Boys have packages, and girls have peanuts. My husband did that one during a nervous conversation with our daughters.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mom2five87
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Lady bug is cute. We are currently going through this with my 2 year old twins. They are b/g and she is my first girl. I have 2 older boys... so whenever the subject comes up with the kids, I never know what word to use to refer to her "parts" because I've never had a girl before. lol

Quoting sbreece:

Call it a pee pee. Or a lady bug (that's what my mom called it) lol

pregnancy week by week

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

AF2011
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:49 PM

i say va ja ja

marinenonstop
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Vagina.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)