Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tv is the devil....

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:00 PM
  • 4 Replies

ok so not really. I'm just finding my days hard with these two kids because until I came around they were always allowed to watch tv whenever. I have a set schedule for how much tv they get to watch unless they are sick or I am sick then its a lil different. I get here while they're still asleep once they get up we play around eat breakfast and watch 30 minutes of cartoons. Then the tv goes off music goes on and we sit down and play with toys until lunch. I get up and make lunch they eat then we watch another 30 minutes to wind down I can change them what have you. Then they nap at one until 3-5 whenever they get up. We then break out the craft box or go outside depending on the whether and play until dinner time or their mom comes home. My biggest issue right now is that they are constantly asking to watch cartoons all the time. They watch at max and hr and half of cartoons while I watch them during the day. They throw fits when I tell them no and put them in time out or what not. Its just wearing me thin right now. They hate playing with their toys and only want to play video games or watch cartoons. THey are three and almost two. Does anyone have any advice as to how I can keep the fighting and screaming down about the tv.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:02 PM

we are so bad. our TV is on all day whether we're watching it or not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Sometimes it's hard to break the habit. All I can think of is getting them completely intrigued in something... Maybe they would like to make home made play dough with you or something. Just try to mixit up to get their minds off of it.

poeticrose09
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

we are so bad. our TV is on all day whether we're watching it or not.

LOL! To each there own.

poeticrose09
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Sometimes it's hard to break the habit. All I can think of is getting them completely intrigued in something... Maybe they would like to make home made play dough with you or something. Just try to mixit up to get their minds off of it.

They eat the play dough. LOL. Though we do make cookies and other goodies. Next will be rice crispie houses. Thanks for that idea. I'm thinking of talking to there mom about color wonder thou I'm not sure if they are to young for any of that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured