Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We are getting an artificial Christmas tree...

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:22 PM
  • 10 Replies

I never thought I would want one but it would save money every year since the tree lots are so expensive. Last year we wanted our tree flocked and it was a 6 foot tree and the cost to flock it was $25.00 a foot. I just bought the tree from the people I asked to flock it and they looked weird because I said never mind on the flocking.

So this year is the first year we will have an artificial tree. I actually can't wait, it is prelit and all I have to do is just hang the ornaments and such.

I will miss the real tree smell, but my mom scent me some candles that smell just like a tree.

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sugareemommee
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this

what is flocking? 

jillbailey26
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:25 PM

You can buy Scentsicles.  We've had them and they're great.  You just hang them on the tree.  They blend in and they smell wonderful.  We found ours at Walmart where they sell the trees.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

idee
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:25 PM

spraying artificial snow on the tree.

Quoting sugareemommee:

what is flocking? 

casah4
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Why don't you get a real wreath to hang in your home?  That way you can get the scent when you walk by but don't have to pay too much.

danie24
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:26 PM

For the last 12 years my husand and I always had a real tree.. but I always want to leave it up an extra long time so by the time we take it down, it`s falling apart LOL

This year I went out an got an artificial one. They happened to be on sale 6.5 foot, 450 lights. I love it! It took 2 minutes to set up and I was done :)

I do miss the smell so I am going to go buy a few real wreaths to hang around the house so I still have that Xmas tree smell :)

idee
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Thanks I will loook for those next time.

Quoting jillbailey26:

You can buy Scentsicles.  We've had them and they're great.  You just hang them on the tree.  They blend in and they smell wonderful.  We found ours at Walmart where they sell the trees.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:28 PM

I have an artifical tree, its 35 years old. It was my husbands when he was little. So he and my girls have spent all their Christmas's under the same tree. It looks like the Charlie Brown christmas tree when I pull it out of the box evry year, but with a little love it looks perfect.

Momof5kids84
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:29 PM
What took you so long to come to the lazy side? Lol. I love my pre-lit tree. The only crappy thing was that some of the lights on the bottom were out when I got it home. I wasn't about to go through the trouble of boxing it back up and returning it. I just bought a strand of lights.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sugareemommee
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:32 PM

oh. 

well why don't you get a real one forget the flocking and call it a day? 

flock the flocking!

Quoting idee:

spraying artificial snow on the tree.

Quoting sugareemommee:

what is flocking? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:50 PM

We got one about 6 years ago when the tree lots started charging $100 for a nice sized tree. We waited until after Christmas and got a really nice one on clearance for 75% off. We replaced it with anoth 75% off tree 2 years ago because we wanted to switch to LED lights. I don't miss real trees, we are saving $100 a year with our fake one. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN