Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My confession.... I don't feel sorry for most people

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
1 mom liked this

I think most people need to grow up and get over stuff.  My life has been far from perfect...but I don't let it bring me down.  I hate when people blame something that happened 20 years ago for their present life.  I had an absentee alcoholic father, a drunk abusive step father who molested me, emotionally abusive grandparents, and the list goes on.  My child was molested by someone I trusted.  My husband cheated and betrayed me.  He did drugs and put us Ina horrible financial position.  

I hear people whine and complain and blame others for their life.  Hell. With my life no one would blink if I chose to drink life away.  It is about being stronger, getting the help you need, and moving forward.  

I went to al anon after DH got busted for cocaine and entered rehab.  All I heard was people whining about the alcoholics in their life.  I never heard one person who really was trying to get past it. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:54 PM
2 moms liked this
Speaking of getting over yourself...
Bethsunshine
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:56 PM

I have to agree with you for the most part. It just seems to me the people that complain the most are the ones who bring most of their problems on themselves. Some people truly aren't happy unless they are constantly having a crisis or drama of some sort or are the perpetual victim. I know someone like that and I have had to distance myself from her a lot the past year. I just can't deal with it anymore.

ambermario4ever
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:56 PM

I am with you on this. My mom blames her life and the choices she has made on the fact that my father died when I was one. My mom was only 25. But that is not an excuses for any of the things she did. Like being abusive and always being drunk, ect. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

It doesn't sound like you have gotten over it.

uriahadel
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:01 PM
I have to agree... I went through a rough time growing up but you have to move on and get past it... sometime you have to grow up and be stronger, I have and I feel for people but I have no pity for anyone who decides to dwell in their past because their is no reason for that... you can't choose what your past was but you can choose who you are going to be in the future and I chose to be a better person
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sekirei
by Nari on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:03 PM

you can't determine how people will react to things based on how you reacted to them..

that said, I don't give a rat's ass about most of the human race, not because my life was shitty... but because I just don't have that capacity

jillbailey26
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Things impact people differently.  You can't tell someone how to feel.  Some people harden up and others don't.  And part of getting past it is talking about it, it's part of the healing process.  You can't just jump right to the end and be fixed, you have to confront it and deal with it.  

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:06 PM
sounds like my sis in law.
wah wah wah my mom was a heroin addict. that's why I want to party. my mom was a piece of shit. thats why im a shitty mom. my baby daddy doesn't want anything to do with my kid.

she hangs on to that shit and it's like your an adult now , not a little kid. start having some personal responsibility.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Speaking of getting over yourself...

I am talking about the people who blame everything in their life on rotten parents. Or the fact that they were abused by an ex.  They repeat the cycle of abuse but don't seek help.  Get help and start to move on. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN