Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Okay I'm super confused here

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:50 PM
  • 95 Replies
11 moms liked this

If you don't do Santa, I have no issue with that but why do people who do believe deserve no respect?

When a little girl in my home told me that her Dog had to go to heaven to be with grandma I didn't tell her "heaven isn't real sweetie, that's a lie"

I respect that she believes in it even though I don't. Why is it if you don't do Santa you don't have to respect the children that believe? Why can't you teach your kids that different people believe in different things? I don't get it. What's with the Santa hate?

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VannaMae307
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:51 PM
that's just CM for you.
atyou
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:52 PM
Amen, sister.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont care what people teach their kids. Just don't walk up to my kid and ask what Santa brought them.

Kitschy
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:53 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting VannaMae307:

that's just CM for you.

I keep forgetting that this place has such a strange dynamic of people.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't get it. .. but I've seen the opposite too. If you don't do Santa you ruin the magic of Christmas.  When Caleb was young I use to say we wouldn't do the Santa thing. . . I got insulted for it saying I would ruin Christmas & so on. We've changed our mind &  my son believes in Santa & it's so cute.

I realy don't know why people care so much about if one chooses to do santa or not. It's a CM thing I think

Kitschy
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:54 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

I dont care what people teach their kids. Just don't walk up to my kid and ask what Santa brought them.

I personally don't, but people talk about God and Jesus in front of my kids all the time. What's the difference?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:55 PM

We do not do or believe in Santa, Easter bunnies, tooth fairies, god, etc but my children also have the utmost respect for what others do believe in and I make sure they remain respectful to other children and their beliefs.

VannaMae307
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:55 PM

it's the same magical universe where people are openly asked about their food stamp usage by shoppers obnoxiously looking into other people's baskets and the same magical universe where someone makes a comment about a kid's hair being too long or something and it ends up with someone in jail and/or with a new baby daddy or some other made up nonsense. Only on CM!

Quoting Kitschy:

Quoting VannaMae307:

that's just CM for you.

I keep forgetting that this place has such a strange dynamic of people.

KenneMaw
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Totally agree!    I love Santa, the Elf on the Elf on the Shelf and all of the crazy Christmas movies, songs, etc...   The all represent happy things, so why is that bad?   If a kid or person is emotionally scarred by people telling these folktales, well then, they have bigger issues than Santa.   

beerabitch69
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:56 PM
What did I miss now? We dont do Santa but the boys know to lay it on thick with friends and little friends siblings that do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN