Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I laughed at my grandpa's funeral...

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:42 PM
  • 35 Replies

I did..but technically, my grandma started it, so if you have any choice words for her I will gladly relay them.

My grandpa had a military funeral. I have never had the sorrow of attending one of those until he died:( So, no one bothered to warn me that someone would be shooting a gun, a loud gun, several times, at the end of his funeral. Grandma wasn't expecting it either because she jumped so high off her chair that she landed flat on her ass..and immediately busted out laughing. I laughed. Everyone did. It relieved a lot of tension and I'm pretty sure if Grandpa had been there, he would have done the same.

have YOU ever laughed at a funeral?

-If for any reason you feel an urge to correct my grammar, spelling, or punctuation, please suppress this urge. You are not important enough to me to spend time editing before I post.  I will just laugh at you-

by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alwayskk
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:44 PM

I was at a wake once and a small group of us were swapping happy memories about the deceased. One of the stories was funny, so we all laughed. Everyone who didn't hear the story was incredibly offended so my friend got up later and told the story to everyone. We all laughed and cried.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I was at a funeral once for a white man. For some reason the entire funeral was is chinese with an english translator.... It was the funniest thing i have ever seen. I was trying so hard to hold my laughter in, I was shaking and crying and people were passing me tissues. It was probably a you had to be there moment. Lol
702girly
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Funerals usually involve laughter in my family. At least one person will tell a story about the deceased that makes people laugh.

SevenKisses
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:50 PM

I think I laughed at my sons' fathers funeral. I can't really remember much but 90 percent of the time I was hugging and kissing my son and bawling my eyes out uncontrollably on the ground. I know my aunt/best friend HAD to have made me crack a smile or giggle at some point. Seems like what she would do and she is the best woman for the job. Nothing wrong with it. Sometimes funny things happen or are said at even the worst of times. It's your human response to laugh.

stacefaceninja
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

I was at a funeral once for a white man. For some reason the entire funeral was is chinese with an english translator.... It was the funniest thing i have ever seen. I was trying so hard to hold my laughter in, I was shaking and crying and people were passing me tissues. It was probably a you had to be there moment. Lol

I once went to a wedding...a very beautiful, serious, EXPENSIVE wedding, and the groom had writtena  song to sing to his bride before they exchanged vows. He had a lisp..and I had to excuse myself halfway through because I couldn't stop laughing and people were giving me evil stares

rangerwife2
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:53 PM

We laughed at my grandpas funeral too. One of my aunts hid my other aunts shoes...we messed up the ministers papers (that was the door prize...don't ask, my aunt called it that). The minster was my uncles best friend...he expected nothing less from my family...and he laughed along with us..

cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I went to a funeral where everyone laughed, even the pastor was making jokes, OT for just a sec, wonder how long it'll be before someone says we're all going to hell.

PeaceMuch
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:55 PM
I laughed at my moms memorial. It wasn't a formal thing and we were all about remembering the good times.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
beerabitch69
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Yes we laughed at my grandmas.  Its what she would have wanted. She hated the sorrow, she was nothing but fun and we made sure she went out like that.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this
My dads best friend my sister her dh my aunts my ex and myself were all in the front 2 rows telling stories laughing our asses off.everyone who came in thought we were f-nuts and we lost our damn minds.and as my aunt went up she opened a mnt dew lit a cigeret(she never smoked) and said this one is for you big man.she started off "with everyone who is crying needs to stop you know damn well he wouldnt want this to be a cry baby thing.we are here to celebrate a great man and that is not going to happen with all you crying!"we played rock and roll songs like bad to the bone and had funny pictures going.it helped my 9 year old brother and all of us.....she was right he was NEVER the type who liked things to be sad he loved a good party and its what he would have wanted.my mom was mad at first but at the end she was laughing too and admited that is what he would have wanted
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)