Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone ever have problems with this popular company before?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 90 Replies
Update: The FedEx guy just got here and followed my directions thank God! Lol So glad I don't have to drive to the warehouse! :-)

I am expecting an important package today, and it will be arriving via FedEx. I live in an apartment building with a locked main door, but there are clearly labeled buzzers to get into the building next to the door.

Twice in the past, I had been home all day waiting for a FedEx package, only to find a door tag downstairs on the door saying "attempted delivery, customer not home." But I was home! The buzzer never went off, and I even checked it to make sure it was working.

So I had to make the almost hour drive to go pick it up from the warehouse. I was talking to my landlord this morning, and she informed me that FedEx never presses the buzzer, and just says they tried to deliver, when they didn't even try!

I really don't feel like making an hour drive to pick it up today. So I left a note by the main door telling them to buzz when they get here, and that I will be here all day. Then I even called customer service to let them know what my landlord told me, and asked if there was anything they can do to make sure its actually delivered. She called back and said she messaged the driver and told him to buzz and ill be here.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has problems with FedEx as well? How is it so hard to ring a buzzer and walk to someone's door?! It's their job to deliver packages FFS!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Bump!
amanda_mom89
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Yes. When I was in high school I had reordered my class ring. They said they tried to deliver it twice but they left no note or anything. Only found out when I called.

Well a couple of days later I go in the feed store/gas station that was up the road from my house (rural area) and the man who owned the store handed me a black mangled square.

I realized it was a box. A ring box.

They had left it on my porch and one of the neighbor's dogs had run off in the hay field with it and tore up the outer box.

When a local guy went to bale hay his rake (big, attached to tractor) caught the ring box and the guy noticed. He took it up to the store hoping someone would know who it belonged to.

My ring was still inside. Unharmed.

But I was pissed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TraceyMR
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this
It isn't the whole company it is lazy delivery people. I hate our local fedex guy, but the people in the office are awesome.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Oh wow! I'd be pissed too! I would have also filed a complaint. I'm glad your ring was ok though!

Quoting amanda_mom89:

Yes. When I was in high school I had reordered my class ring. They said they tried to deliver it twice but they left no note or anything. Only found out when I called.

Well a couple of days later I go in the feed store/gas station that was up the road from my house (rural area) and the man who owned the store handed me a black mangled square.

I realized it was a box. A ring box.

They had left it on my porch and one of the neighbor's dogs had run off in the hay field with it and tore up the outer box.

When a local guy went to bale hay his rake (big, attached to tractor) caught the ring box and the guy noticed. He took it up to the store hoping someone would know who it belonged to.

My ring was still inside. Unharmed.

But I was pissed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:52 PM

My dh works for fed ex.  Must be a lazy ass driver on your route, either that or the wrong apt # is on the waybill. 

Charliesmommy11
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this
We live on 10 acres and our mail box is at the end of the drive with a clearly marked sign that says please deliver parcels to the house. I find notes stuck to the mailbox all the time that say customer not home. Uhm hello you can clearly see our cars from the end of the drive ! The only reason our mailbox is down there is to keep the mailman from getting stuck in the turn around.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:53 PM
But I'm sure FedEx gets complaints when lazy delivery drivers do this, so I would hope that FedEx would do something about it...Kwim?

Quoting TraceyMR:

It isn't the whole company it is lazy delivery people. I hate our local fedex guy, but the people in the office are awesome.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:54 PM
I'm guessing lazy driver, because the address has always been correct on the packages. *sigh* its just frustrating.

Quoting Anonymous:

My dh works for fed ex.  Must be a lazy ass driver on your route, either that or the wrong apt # is on the waybill. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:55 PM
That would piss me off so bad! Cause it would take 30 extra seconds to drive up your driveway. Smdh.

Quoting Charliesmommy11:

We live on 10 acres and our mail box is at the end of the drive with a clearly marked sign that says please deliver parcels to the house. I find notes stuck to the mailbox all the time that say customer not home. Uhm hello you can clearly see our cars from the end of the drive ! The only reason our mailbox is down there is to keep the mailman from getting stuck in the turn around.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:56 PM

I refuse to use FedEx there's always an issue with them, I only use UPS or the postal service.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)