Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My prayer was answered in such a specific way, and now all I want to do is give praises!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm going anonymous simply because of the personal & financial info involved in the story...

My husband and I have always been *pretty good* about managing our money. Granted, there are decisions I can look back on now and wish we'd made differently, but we've always had a savings account in place, and aside from the rare occasion we drew from it to help cover an unexpected expense, it was always growing little by little.
By the time I got pregnant, we were married, living in a small but nice apartment, had found our church and were tithing 10% of our income, he was working his current job bringing in about $3500-$4000 each month, and I had graduated college and started my career bringing home $2000-$2500 each month. Both of our cars were paid off, as well as my student loans. We were in a very good financial position in terms of being ready for a baby.
We had been debating buying a house, and once I was pregnant, we knew our apartment would be too small for our family. We found and fell in love with our house, and were moved in by the time I was 7 months along.
Then things took a turn.
In the last year and a half, we've had to buy another vehicle (mine died), buy a new rim and four new tires for his SUV, and have had other unplanned expenses; I was unable to breastfeed as planned because of previously-undetected medical issues, had to do a major repair on our home, etc. Before buying our home, I left my job to be a SAHM until our son starts school, and we bought our home knowing that we would need to live frugally in order to make it. Looking back, we didn't leave enough room for error.
Our mortgage is $1500/mo, which includes paying about $60 extra each month toward principal. Our son, as it turns out, was very sensitive in what type of formula he could take, which meant added expense, and my husband received a "promotion" that actually has become a pay cut because he is unable to work overtime in this position (but it does afford more opportunity for advancement). I recently started a part-time job to help make up the difference, but it hasn't been enough. This week, our savings officially reached $58.
Fast forward to present. We both got paid yesterday (him $1400, me $200), and our mortgage will be due the first, which meant I would need to pay the mortgage late and use these funds to pay all of our bills (utilities, homeowner's insurance, car insurance, phone bill,credit card that we had to use recently) and provide everything else we need for the next month. I babysat yesterday for a bit and used that $20 in cash to run to the store today and grab some small items. On the way home, my low fuel light came on, and I finally gave in and started to cry. I pulled to the side of the road and just let it out.
I realized that although we'd been doing charity work and helping others, I hadn't been truly humble in that I had an attitude that WE were doing well, WE were keeping ourselves in a good situation, etc. Then I prayed. I said "God, I realize why you've brought us to this place of uncertainty and what we are to gain from it. I am so incredibly grateful for this lesson, and that we've been able to learn this lesson while still having a comfortable home. I know YOU will provide for us, and have been all along. The things we have been 'going without' are so trivial in comparison to what you've given us, and I pray you will continue to keep us able to afford the home we are in."
I drove the rest of the way home, grabbed the mail out of the box, and started weeding through it (dreading finding any bills). There was an item from the bank we have our mortgage through, and my heart absolutely sank, thinking that it was some kind of bad news...
It was a money order for $2,045.23 as a refund for overpayment into our escrow (our property taxes were overestimated, and this much is left over)! I just broke down and said a prayer of thanks. I wanted to share this story with anyone who is struggling in hopes of showing people that prayer is a powerful thing.
Keep your chin up, be humble, and give it to God. He'll take care of you!

1 Peter 5.6-7:
Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety on Him, because he cares for you.

Deuteronomy 31.6:
Be strong and bold, have no fear or dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you.

Please know that you are not going to shake my faith. I am open to respectful discussion, but bashing will just go unanswered.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Replies (181-190):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Thank you! I felt like I rambled on for too long, but it just kept pouring out! :)

Quoting Shanell3:

Awesome and well said!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:10 PM
You're welcome :)

Quoting Thelmama:

That is awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Amazing! Thank you for sharing!

Quoting Anonymous:

Ya I have had a simular experience but it was more so with a guy who I knew for yrs God was teling me was not for me but I ignored him and that lead to a really dark place alone PG and really pissed off .I actually turned my back on God for about 4 yrs becasue I thought he wasnt helping me fix this guy so it would work and why would he let me have baby something that was so precious and a longing I had since I was a child just to be alone and in a very bad place in my life . It wasnt until I reached out and said sorry ask for forgivness for thinking I knew better than what he was telling me and asked him for help and I also thanked him for showing me that I really do need him and need to trust the path he put me on and letting  me see my choices lead me to that dark place.  I only had to stay there until I learned it wasnt him it was me that wasnt being thankful or trusting him to know what he was doing  he wanted to bless me but I had to ask for it  and to praise him even during the storms and I asked for love of the right man. I even told him exactly what I wanted my future DH to be like I mean scary detail  what I want and  it was less than a week that he stepped in and within that  week of that I met my DH and hes almost to the T of what I asked God for but I really think it was not until I just let go let God have control of my life and stopped fighting him and trying to fix everything myslef that he let me met my DH and he is truly the man God made for me .
on our first date we knew we were getting married and this was 4 yrs from the time I had my kiddo and left this other guy and I didnt have 1 guy even look my way in al that time (when normally I have never even now married old lady had lack of male attention) becasue God was there waiting to bless me waiting to show me what he had for my life I just needed to be thankful and trust and the blessing in,my life have not stop flowing since that one moment when I just realized I was fighting him at every turn hes always been ther always had these amazing things he wanted to do for me but I was standing inhis way before . And every time I start get in his way he seems to find ways to remind me to give it to him or the blessing will stop beasue he cant bless me if I keep getting in his way ,

Quoting Anonymous:

When I realized that these struggles and the uncertainty had come specifically to knock me down a peg or two, I was finally able to understand that I needed to hand Him the reigns!

Quoting Anonymous:

I think this is what a lot of people miss that even when things look like the are at the worst point you can imagine to give thanks God doesn't make mistakes the mistakes are our for not thanking him for each situation .Thiose are the times he wants us to reach out to him to cling to our faith that he has a plan and those plans are only to bless us its up to us to claim those blessing and you did exactly what a good and faithful servant should do thank him for what you do have even when you could have been anrgy you gave thanks and he held tight to his promise of blessing to those who ask with a himble heart .Praise Jesus what a truly amazing story.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:14 PM
I'm sorry you're going through that! I pray He'll show you the right thing to do. I hope things get better for you & your family soon.

Quoting Anonymous:

I want to thank you.

We are buying our living room suit which I love. Because of the holidays and dh's hours being cut ( the plant he works at had a shut down) We are late on the payment. I thought he had gotten enough hours in over thanksgiving but I miscalculated wrong and his check was way shorter then I thought. We barely have enough for gas and grocery.

I have been fighting with letting it go back since we are so close to paying it off. After reading your post ( although it's a different situation) I now feel like it's ok and not worth holding onto. That this is Gods was of telling me to let go. So again Thank you. 

meka26
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Great story!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:15 PM
Amazing how things work out with hard work and prayer.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:15 PM
I'm so sorry you're going through that. I'm glad you're doing counseling, and I pray that it helps you reconnect!

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you for sharing that. I am a believer too.  We are struggling right now and we could use a miracle like that.  Hubby and I are going through a tough time in our marriage and we are getting counseling.  I need to find work but have to find some that works with kids because of cost of day care.  We just aren't making it. I am tired. My body hurts all over, I don't sleep and so much more.  I just need some miracle working power right now. I know He is able so I will praise God with you and praise Him while I am waiting.

areyouatroll
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:16 PM
I find it disturbing that you don't know what bills are coming when and you didn't know you would get that money back. Who takes care of your finances?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Lol, i was thinking exactly this

Quoting Anonymous:

Because that check wouldnt have been there otherwise.... 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:18 PM
Thank you :)

Quoting wittyscreenname:

While I am not a believer, I just wanted to say that I'm really happy all has worked out for you.

Sometimes, we as people need to realize the blessings we DO have instead of being upset over what we DON'T have.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)