Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

TMI: I think my husband broke my water....updated

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Is that even possible???
I'm 37weeks abd.I've been having pretty strong contractions since thursday off and on (but none today really).

Anywho, during *good* sex I usually squirt. Just happens.
DH is almost as done with this pregnancy as I am lol. when he got home we had sex...really, really good sex! He made me finish twice and I did squirt...but it didn't stop.

It just kept coming out every time I moved. our comforter is really dark so I can't see the color but there was a lot! Like 2 cups at least then more every time I moved. I took a shower and put on a pad and I'm still dripping (not a lot though) and now there is a TON of pressure on my vagina and butt (like I have to poo or something) but no contractions yet.

I don't want to go to get checked for nothing. Is it even possible for him to beak my water? How long should/can I wait for any changes?

Thanks (first baby, sorry)

UPDATE:

waited around for about 40 minutes and got some contractions so went in.....a few hours later I'm home and still no baby :(

4th false alarm...I'm gonna be pregnant forever. But I am 3cm and about 75% so that's something. Thanks for reading and the advice.

and P.S. I know he couldn't actually break my water without me being dilated before hand but I was already almost 2 earlier this week at my appmt which is why is used such wording.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2012 at 7:55 PM
Replies (31-40):
uriahadel
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Yes that was your water... that was how my water broke, not sex, but it started dripping when I was sittting on the couch with my first as well, and I thought I was peeing on myself... I didn't want to go in but husband made me and it turned out it was my water... I felt pressure but no contractions til later... definately go in that was your water, and get prepared for some painful contractions
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BShip2010
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Sounds like your water broke!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
javamama86
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Yes, if you cant stop it its your water. Go to the er!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper

He can't break your water, your cervix is in the way so theres no way he could pop it or something, most likely your water just happened to break. The hormones from sex can sometimes bring labor on. Go in and get it checked out, if your water broke, babies on its way.

Grumpylilpixy
1 mom liked this

Oh good GOD. Some HOME BIRTH ADVOCATE!

Quoting Anonymous:

Dear God. The idiocy and lies people still believe.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

You should not wait. You are supposed to deliver with 24 hours of your water breaking otherwise they will start antibiotics. Don't wait. They will test it with a strip !

I am a friend, a wife,a daughter but the best title I have by far is Mother .

stressedmama24
That's how baby #3 got here!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:05 PM
I'm not an advocate for either or. Just common sense.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Oh good GOD. Some HOME BIRTH ADVOCATE!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

You should not wait. You are supposed to deliver with 24 hours of your water breaking otherwise they will start antibiotics. Don't wait. They will test it with a strip !

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:05 PM

You said you were having contractions since last week lol...you probably didn't realize you were having contractions during that "really good sex"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:06 PM
Both girls I had delivered in a hr after it braking.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

OliviasMommy611
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:06 PM
Go to the hospital.
:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)