Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

TMI: I think my husband broke my water....updated

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Is that even possible???
I'm 37weeks abd.I've been having pretty strong contractions since thursday off and on (but none today really).

Anywho, during *good* sex I usually squirt. Just happens.
DH is almost as done with this pregnancy as I am lol. when he got home we had sex...really, really good sex! He made me finish twice and I did squirt...but it didn't stop.

It just kept coming out every time I moved. our comforter is really dark so I can't see the color but there was a lot! Like 2 cups at least then more every time I moved. I took a shower and put on a pad and I'm still dripping (not a lot though) and now there is a TON of pressure on my vagina and butt (like I have to poo or something) but no contractions yet.

I don't want to go to get checked for nothing. Is it even possible for him to beak my water? How long should/can I wait for any changes?

Thanks (first baby, sorry)

UPDATE:

waited around for about 40 minutes and got some contractions so went in.....a few hours later I'm home and still no baby :(

4th false alarm...I'm gonna be pregnant forever. But I am 3cm and about 75% so that's something. Thanks for reading and the advice.

and P.S. I know he couldn't actually break my water without me being dilated before hand but I was already almost 2 earlier this week at my appmt which is why is used such wording.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2012 at 7:55 PM
Replies (91-100):
Ireallydontcare
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Sheeple much?

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

If you were EVERYONE that would be great BUT YOUR NOT.. Again until YOU are  a DR then you need to STFU this is her FIRST!  REMEMBER FIRST!

Quoting Anonymous:

Infection will not set in, in most cases. I have gbs, with waters broken for 3 days and baby was born completely healthy.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Yeah, yeah OKAY MISSES. DR DEGREE YOU DONT HAVE! Moving on.

Quoting Anonymous:

Her water broke after. Since it's her first I guess that means she must scurry in to the hospital like a good little girl so they can proceed to strap her down immediately. Sign up for the cesarean now!

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

She STUCK A DIRTY PENIS! NUMB NUT! And this is HER FIRST...

YOU WERE SAYING!

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow! You got all that from less than 4 sentences? You must be a mind reader!

Yes, the Almighty doctor and his watch. They never fail. If they weren't shoving things up your vagina in the first place, there would be no infection. But, I must need 8 years of school to know that, don't I?

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Yes, OKAY so what is your real name and where did you EARN your DR. Degree? I am just wondering since you seem to know ALOT.. Even though a MD will tell you that you need to be on ANTIBIOTICS to prevent infection....

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not an advocate for either or. Just common sense.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Oh good GOD. Some HOME BIRTH ADVOCATE!

Quoting Anonymous:

Dear God. The idiocy and lies people still believe.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

You should not wait. You are supposed to deliver with 24 hours of your water breaking otherwise they will start antibiotics. Don't wait. They will test it with a strip !

Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:29 PM
I'd go in.

Hopefully your baby doesn't have a dent as a reminder of this fateful night.

Jk lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:30 PM
Why does it matter that it's her first? She should be offended that you think so little of her intelligence. What about the women who's water breaks at 20 weeks, yet they go on to be pregnant until 30+ with no infection and a healthy baby? This is not the only person who's had their water break without infection. Don't be a sheep.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

If you were EVERYONE that would be great BUT YOUR NOT.. Again until YOU are  a DR then you need to STFU this is her FIRST!  REMEMBER FIRST!

Quoting Anonymous:

Infection will not set in, in most cases. I have gbs, with waters broken for 3 days and baby was born completely healthy.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Her water broke after. Since it's her first I guess that means she must scurry in to the hospital like a good little girl so they can proceed to strap her down immediately. Sign up for the cesarean now!

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

YOU WERE SAYING!

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, the Almighty doctor and his watch. They never fail. If they weren't shoving things up your vagina in the first place, there would be no infection. But, I must need 8 years of school to know that, don't I?

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Yes, OKAY so what is your real name and where did you EARN your DR. Degree? I am just wondering since you seem to know ALOT.. Even though a MD will tell you that you need to be on ANTIBIOTICS to prevent infection....

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

You should not wait. You are supposed to deliver with 24 hours of your water breaking otherwise they will start antibiotics. Don't wait. They will test it with a strip !

daughteroftruth
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Your dh probably did not break your waters, but your orgasms could have.  When you orgasm, your uterus contracts.  It does really sound like you broke your water.  I would go in if I were you... before you end up having an unplanned home birth. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:32 PM
There's intelligence in this post after all!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm gonna catch shit for agreeing with you, but I would love to give you a high five. The 24-48 hour rule is a misnomer and typically for the doctors benefit. Yes, infection can occur, but delivery in that window isn't necessary at all. It's a pushy medical system thing. I'm just glad I'm not the only one who knows this!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Grumpylilpixy
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:33 PM

I am not responding to ANON anymore. SORRY!

Quoting Anonymous:

Why does it matter that it's her first? She should be offended that you think so little of her intelligence. What about the women who's water breaks at 20 weeks, yet they go on to be pregnant until 30+ with no infection and a healthy baby? This is not the only person who's had their water break without infection. Don't be a sheep.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

YOU WERE SAYING!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

I am a friend, a wife,a daughter but the best title I have by far is Mother .

Charley427
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:34 PM
My water broke at 27 weeks, we (my team of doctors and myself) x decide d to not have anyone do any internal exams and kept me in the hospital until 35 weeks. Myself nor baby got the infection or antabiotic s. She was born vaginally and only had a few minor set backs for being a premie. But the team of doctors i had truly saved mine and my daughters life for being so well versed in other options besides csections and and internal checks every week.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NunezMom
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:35 PM
Go in.. Thats a way of of putting yourself into labor...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krayzbabylove
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:41 PM
I would be afraid of having a dry birth, my mothers water all leaked out by the time she went into labor, and her birth with him was dry, and horribly painful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 29, 2012 at 12:42 AM

bumpidy bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)