Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O of is it ok to leave her 1 year old in the tub

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:17 PM
  • 28 Replies

After I asked that question and read a lot of replies, I started wondering about this.

I stay right beside the tub the entire time my son is in there. After I wash him, if he wants to play for an hour, I stay; he is 3.

That being said, I agree that your child could fall, hit their head and drown in the few seconds you are gone, but couldn't they do that while you are right there?  I have non slip bath mat and I make my son sit everytime he stands, but it only takes a second.  That's super scary to me!

by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vrbtnseele
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:18 PM
It could happen there or not. 3 or 10.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TSNDDY
by Emerald Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:18 PM
3 moms liked this
If you are right there, you can pull them out in an instant. If you aren't right there it could take to long for you to realize something happened.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Youngmother456
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Or 15 or 30 really... I still think you should be in the room or make them sing for several years

Quoting vrbtnseele:

It could happen there or not. 3 or 10.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wyldebtrfly
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Things can happen when you're there, yes, but if you're there you can act quickly. A few moments can save a life.

sparklebug86
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I leave my 2 and 3 y/o but I have a couple of feet away cleaning up their rooms.... 

a 1 year old, too young I think

Nikki.Michelle
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I dont really know, accidents can happen no matter where you are, or how much of a helicopter parent you let yourself become. I haven't reached the age where I can even leave the bathroom for 1 second with Jessa yet, she's only 8 months. I think at 5 or 6 will be when I will even start considering leaving the bathroom if I forget a towel or something.

I mean, its not THAT hard to wait until a kid is done in the tub, get them out, and THEN go on a search WITH THEM for a towel or clothes.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:23 PM

This

Quoting TSNDDY:

If you are right there, you can pull them out in an instant. If you aren't right there it could take to long for you to realize something happened.

kidlover2
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:24 PM
This

Quoting sparklebug86:

I leave my 2 and 3 y/o but I have a couple of feet away cleaning up their rooms.... 

a 1 year old, too young I think

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:24 PM

My 3.5 year old takes a shower with the door open and she has to talk to me the whole time she is in the shower so if I didn't hear her voice, I would be there in two seconds (I'm usually folding laundry right outside against the wall).

My almost 19 month old has constant supervision.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:27 PM

i agree... add in that a 1 year old is still learning (for the most part) how to walk and balance themselves out... lets add in that its BATHTIME! i dont know about your kids, but my boy LOVED to 'hulk smash' the water even at 1-- which resulted in him standing, slamming his hands on the water and falling forward a few times. he was still slipping when he was 3 trying to do it! lol

Quoting wyldebtrfly:

Things can happen when you're there, yes, but if you're there you can act quickly. A few moments can save a life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN