Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O of is it ok to leave her 1 year old in the tub

Posted by   + Show Post

After I asked that question and read a lot of replies, I started wondering about this.

I stay right beside the tub the entire time my son is in there. After I wash him, if he wants to play for an hour, I stay; he is 3.

That being said, I agree that your child could fall, hit their head and drown in the few seconds you are gone, but couldn't they do that while you are right there?  I have non slip bath mat and I make my son sit everytime he stands, but it only takes a second.  That's super scary to me!

by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Replies (11-20):
lilblu399
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:29 PM
If they hit their head while you're there you can get help in seconds not minutes which would make a huge difference with kids and water. If someone doesn't want to sit in the bathroom and watch their kid, why not just give the kid a sponge bath and be on their way?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:29 PM
I've had my dd slip backwards while sitting and go under with me right there. It happened so fast and it just took no time to pull her up.. but she was traumatized from it. She was just under two and she was trying to sit back up rather that turn over and lift up, it was scary and that second it took to react and pull her up felt like slow motion.
Maria_Peanut
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:31 PM
You could still react quickly. Last night my 11 month old almost slipped while trying to take a step in the tub (she's great at walking). I was there to catch her though ! I can only imagine if i wasn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aamy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:32 PM

My 6yr old DD and my almost 2yr old DS take a shower together. We leave them in there alone for a few minutes. 

TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:34 PM
If you dont pick their face up out of the water...yes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:36 PM

i dont have a bath tub (only a shower stall) so my 2 year old sits in a big tub (like the big plastic ones you use outdoors for weeds from the garden) in whatever room i am working in.  that way he can play and i can still watch him while i get other stuff done :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:37 PM
My 2 yo slipped in the tub once. I was there in 5 seconds, from my room. All was good.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:41 PM
Did you hear baby fall, were they under?

Quoting Anonymous:

My 2 yo slipped in the tub once. I was there in 5 seconds, from my room. All was good.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:41 PM
Yes I heard the fall.
He was holding his head up.
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:45 PM
I'm too worried I wouldn't hear, such a pointless risk.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I heard the fall.

He was holding his head up.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)