Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O of is it ok to leave her 1 year old in the tub

Posted by   + Show Post

After I asked that question and read a lot of replies, I started wondering about this.

I stay right beside the tub the entire time my son is in there. After I wash him, if he wants to play for an hour, I stay; he is 3.

That being said, I agree that your child could fall, hit their head and drown in the few seconds you are gone, but couldn't they do that while you are right there?  I have non slip bath mat and I make my son sit everytime he stands, but it only takes a second.  That's super scary to me!

by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Replies (21-28):
mitty18
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Eh, i let my kids play n the tub alone. I can see them the whole time. They are 5 2 N 14 months

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:46 PM
I hear everything in there. My kids are loud in the tub. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm too worried I wouldn't hear, such a pointless risk.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I heard the fall.

He was holding his head up.

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you hear baby fall, were they under?

Quoting Anonymous:

My 2 yo slipped in the tub once. I was there in 5 seconds, from my room. All was good.
smurfbitebug
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:47 PM
I have a two year old, and I am always with her. I have no idea when she will be old enough to bathe on her own, though. Nobody answered that question in the last post, either. I guess it may be different ages for different kids or maybe nobody wants to be judged. If it's the latter, just PM me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roardiva
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:49 PM
My 5 year old takes showers by himself and started at 4 but any younger and I'm there. My 2 year old and 7 month old are not ever left alone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
So_Devious20
by Misha Lovegood<3 on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:49 PM
I wasn't comfortable leaving dd until she was almost 5. I just wasn't.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emilysmom8
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:49 PM

it COULD happen when you are there, however if you are right there paying attention as he slips and falls you can catch him before he drowns

kristiansmommy1
by Amanda on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:50 PM
My parents neighbors granddaughter died from that :( it was soo sad, the other grandmother left her and went downstairs on the phone while she was babysitting and her 8 year old aunt found her, she was on life support but sadly she didn't make it. It was just in the paper last week that they're charging her with manslaughter. I believe she was 13 months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet_bumblbee
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:53 PM
I do not leave my 2 year old alone in the bath. If I am busy he takes a shower with his older sister or older brother. Too risky
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)