Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A 3 year old sitting like a baby?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My son is 3, almost 4 and I was chatting with another mom at his school today while I was waiting to pick my boy up. We continued our conversation and walked in to the parking lot together. I was parked right next to her! We kept talking while my son got in to his seat and her daughter got in to hers. But it was the weirdest thing. Her daughter was backwards in the seat, you know like how you put a baby in.

I've never seen this before is this because she has some sort of disability or something? I didn't want to be insensitive and ask the mom. Does anyone know what that could be?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:44 PM
5 moms liked this
Can't decide if trolling or just ignorant. :-(
2manydiapers
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Fail
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:44 PM
2 moms liked this

Sorry. They didn't cover car seats in college. 

Quoting flcowgrl23:

Wow. Education is a beautiful thing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting flcowgrl23:

A lot of moms rear face until 4 or even 5 depending on seat limitations. It's much safer than forward facing.

I don't understand

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:44 PM
When did you turn your kid(s) around, OP? Just curious.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:44 PM
4 moms liked this

yeah ive heard of people keeping their kids rear facing that long - they say as long as the restricts on the seat allow for it its safe. personally i think its alittle ridiculous.

Mel0dy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Its alot safer

buttercup627
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this

It's not a disability it's safety lol. Even toddlers and preschoolers can get really back whip lash and spinal injuries from car accidents; rear facing prevents that

VarelaClan
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:45 PM
It's a thousand times safer to be rear facing in a car when in an accident. Their heads are large proportionally as a small child. In an accident if they are forward facing, they can become decapitated internally. Some moms are choosing to keep them rear facing as long as possible. It's the normal in Europe.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting flcowgrl23:

A lot of moms rear face until 4 or even 5 depending on seat limitations. It's much safer than forward facing.

I don't understand

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexanMomOf6
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Graco makes a carseat that is rear facing to 50 lbs. (60lb? I forget) ANYWAYS, it is supposed to be safer than front facing. I don't know how many studies there have been to validate that.

CodenameDuchess
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this
My youngest is just turning 3 and she is still rear-facing. It's much safer for a toddler to remain rear-facing rather than forward-facing. Some simple research will explain all this to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN