Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm begging for Christmas help from strangers!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Everyone ignored my other title. So, wish upon a hero. Has anyone ever used this site and had a wish granted?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Replies (31-40):
emtmomtwo
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 12:13 AM

my son is 5 and my daughter is 6. we live in spartanburg sc.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting emtmomtwo:

right there with ya! just created a page on gofundme.com. i doubt it will do any good but i guess its worth a try. Im not looking forward to Christmas knowing we will be living in a motel. All i can do is keep praying. Stay strong and be as positive as possible. I will keep you in my prayers.

How old are your kids and where are you located?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 29, 2012 at 12:41 AM

I've used it and had wishes granted and I've helped out others. I stopped using it when I got scammed twice. The sites changed a lot in the past couple of years and now it's full of whinny people who get all grouchy when they don't get what they ask for and tons of people making huge layaways in hopes that someone else will pay them off. It's ridiculous.

MrsSexyCurtains
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:04 AM

I honestly have never needed to.  I don't mean that in a rude way at all just that we only have one child and hubby is military.  We budget everything and I buy all the gifts when they are 75-85%off.  I am currently sponsering a teenager for a friend of a friend.  I hope everything works out for you.  You have all girls?  If I can think of something I will let you know :)

Can you message me so I can talk to you more?  I wont give you away I promise.

AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:05 AM

I have been on this website. I have not wished for anything but I have granted/contributed wishes. This website is a great idea!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:06 AM

I granted a wish on there, so people do grant wishes on there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:06 AM

I've never even heard of it. I'll have to look it up.I need to beg a little too. My kids are not having and Christmas gifts if I don't figure out something soon.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I've used it and had wishes granted and I've helped out others. I stopped using it when I got scammed twice. The sites changed a lot in the past couple of years and now it's full of whinny people who get all grouchy when they don't get what they ask for and tons of people making huge layaways in hopes that someone else will pay them off. It's ridiculous.

What kinds of scams? I want to know what to look out for...

Famousglm714
by Gina on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Quoting wrensong:

I havent but here is a bump

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:08 AM

There is still time to sale your ass :-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:09 AM
That's crazy! Some people can be so greedy! What do you mean by scammed?

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)