Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm begging for Christmas help from strangers!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Everyone ignored my other title. So, wish upon a hero. Has anyone ever used this site and had a wish granted?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Replies (71-79):
leota29
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:06 AM
Omg that's seriously what I asked for for my kids for Christmas lol cloth diapers from family well and toys lol those things are expensive but pay for themselves so fast!

Quoting Anonymous:

I hope you get some!

Quoting leota29:

I'm wishing for cloth diapers myself. I'm so tired of throwing money away!

Quoting Anonymous:

I wished for used clothes for ds and got a box full. I've posted like 5 other wishes and gotten $20 here and there.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:39 AM
That's weird you had that experience. I was able to sign up and post right away

Quoting Anonymous:

If you truly need Christmas help - you're outta luck for the year. I tried to use the site for soemthing totally different, but if you're asking for help they make you be a part of the site for months before actually asking and send in all kinds of info too before you're allowed to post.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:39 AM
Why on earth does this matter?!?

Quoting Anonymous:

What's your race?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:43 AM

no I never did and I would never. There was a time when we didnt have much money but I was still able to get a little toy. I dont go out in december shopping for gifts I do that already months in advance. I know some times it can hit hard. But I would never wanna ask anyone for help like that. Some people even told me I should go somewhere, where they give you free gifts for your kids but I said now. They dont need a bunch of gifts if they only getting one this year its still fine, and it was.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:49 AM
I was told by a black woman that only black people aren't ashamed to ask for help. I don't expect you to answer or really need to know your race. I just threw the question out there. What are your thoughts on what she said, if I may ask?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

What's your race?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Okay in this case I actually don't mind answering. I am Caucasian. And I am actually a little ashamed to ask for help. I'm just kinda at a loss. A month and a half ago I had some money saved. Then my husband hurt himself and it payed bills while waiting on workers comp. So I sucked my pride up because its getting cold and my kids need some winter clothes. I would also like to see them have something for Christmas. If it doesn't happen they will understand. I will also find some way to get them clothes.
I don't think these feelings have anything to do with ones race or color of skin. It is likely a mixture of the way they were raised and how desperate they feel. Those are just my thoughts.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was told by a black woman that only black people aren't ashamed to ask for help. I don't expect you to answer or really need to know your race. I just threw the question out there. What are your thoughts on what she said, if I may ask?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

What's your race?
Country_Cowgirl
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Thank you hun! I hope things work out too!

Quoting angie729:

I hope things work out for you and you have a better year next year.

Quoting Country_Cowgirl:

Thank you very much hun! I've never had do anythin like this! I've always managed on my own givin my babies a Christmas till now. Bein a single mom and with me havin many medical problems makes it very hard to raise money for presents. I've gone so far as to try and sell some of my stuff,but in this place no one will take anythin! Hell,not even the pawn shops!

I hope you and your family have a GREAT Christmas!

Quoting angie729:

www.wishuponahero.com

Quoting Country_Cowgirl:

Could ya please give me the name of the site and maybe the web address hun? I've never done anythin like that,but this year I don't have a choice! I need to find a way to make sure that my kids have a Christmas! I'm soooo broke right now I can't get them anythin. I feel like a failure as a mom! This is just breakin my heart. I don't know what to do!!

Quoting angie729:

Ive gone to the site and read the wishes. I have never posted a wish before.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:20 PM

I have GRANTED wishes on there.

Allisonc7910
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:41 PM

I would like to grant a wish, not this year but probably next year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured